Not applicable

Re: What happened to Luminara candles?

I too am so very disappointed, as I have so many Luminara candles and love to give them as gifts. QVC awarded me the opportunity to do that.

I emailed them and asked them if they stopped carrying them and they said they are no longer doing business with that company. Smiley Sad

I don't think they will be back. Sadness.

Contributor

It appears QVC has gone with a different vendor, Solare, with a similar product.
Contributor

My son ordered the set of 2 rustic pillars for me, a couple of weeks ago. He checked this past Monday to see why they were not shipped; his order then said "advance order", which it did NOT say when he ordered them. He chatted online with a QVC rep, who told him that she needed to review the status of the order with a supervisor and would email him the answer. Still no answer as of today, so he called QVC. He was told that "QVC expects vendors to deliver their goods within a certain timeframe, and unfortunately, Luminara did not adhere to that timeframe". The rep further stated that stock was expected shortly, and my son's order would be fulfilled. She also said that "everybody at QVC is aware of this problem".

OK, I can see that maybe stock wasn't delivered in time for a certain item (such as the rustic pillars) but that doesn't explain why all Luminara items have disappeared from inventory. In fact, a search for "flameless candles" and then "brand", doesn't even bring up the Luminara brand. What are they doing, punishing Luminara for not delivering one item? QVC's answer today doesn't make sense. Why aren't they all on the same page with this? Even if QVC decided to stop carrying Luminara, THAT should be the answer to all of us with questions.

Contributor

I am extremely disappointed that QVC will no longer carry the Luminara products but, more importantly, I am really upset with QVC. Their disrespectful, sneaky (yes, sneaky) behavior leaves a very, very sour taste in my mouth. It is almost akin to a "betrayal". I'm a loyal customer for well over 25 years and I resent being treated so shabbily.

Dumping Luminara was no doubt profit driven and that seems to be the route the Q has elected to take over the last several years. More profit equates to less value for the customer. The over-all quality of their goods, across the board, has deteriorated consistently. Years ago, I purchased garments from the Q that were of fine quality and reasonably priced....I still have and wear some of those garments. I am tired of absorbing exorbitant shipping charges both ways to return items simply because the quality is sorely lacking. Little by little, I'm purchasing less and less. Now, considering their Luminara debacle....if I make another purchase, I will be extraordinarily selective....

Honored Contributor

BIG, SAD sigh...my order for my 2 'cream' Churchill lanterns has just been canceled. I am bumming. Some folks were lucky to have gotten their WL order.

I LOVE the Luminara lanterns...battery life is great with them and they just look FAB! At least I do have 2 of the black ones.

The saddest part is that the Churchill Lanterns can't even be ordered anywhere else...not even at Luminara dot com. So the Churchill Lanterns were 'exclusive' to QVC?...phooey! {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Hmmmm...and yet I remember someone posting a pick from a home decor magazine that had the very same Luminera 15" Churchill Lanterns in it...

What's up with that?????????????

I also was going to get a 5" ivory Luminara for the VPH red hammered hurricane I ordered. I'll see if Kohls will have any (TY JPC for mentioning Kohls!). I don't think the new Solare will cast off enough illumination inside the hurricane to see a nice glow. Mallemo mentioned that the bottom of the Solare candle is darker (TY for the info).

I was thinking of putting a set of those micro mini lights in the hurricane, but think a candle would be much better. I guess I won't know til I try though...

Respected Contributor

I am upset too Susan Louise as my waitlist order for a few of the Churchill Lanterns was cancelled as well. I don't think Luminara will be back on QVC.
Respected Contributor

Oh, I was in Kohl's earlier and they don't have the Luminara candles yet. I will go back each week to check. I don't want to miss them at Kohl's.
Regular Contributor

My WL order for the Churchill lantern was cancelled also I'm sure it had something to do with QVC bringing in the Solare - their brand. I also ordered the cream lantern sometime ago at a fantastic price so I think they couldn't bring in (or didn't want to) the quantity promised at that price. Before WL was cancelled they had the same lantern appear under a different item # at a higher price & it was available while my order remained WL. I called CS & inquired & she insisted my WL order would be coming in - this was about 2 wks ago. So much for that.

Contributor

I have been looking for them too.I noticed that theres not many left on line. Was wondering what was going on too.I have noticed more of the solare candles on and the host said something like these look so much better than the other ones which I found odd.I think I will try one of the other ones but I do like the Luminaras.Glad I did buy 5 of them and the lantern one in the past years though.

Honored Contributor

On 9/27/2014 sierracat said:

I have been looking for them too.I noticed that theres not many left on line. Was wondering what was going on too.I have noticed more of the solare candles on and the host said something like these look so much better than the other ones which I found odd.I think I will try one of the other ones but I do like the Luminaras.Glad I did buy 5 of them and the lantern one in the past years though.

I can't find any..where did you see some?