Contributor

What happen to Luminara Candles..

Haven't seen any presentations on Luminara Candles in quite some time...if you look them up on the QVC website there aren't very many listed...I hope they will return...maybe taking a break until Christmas in July?

Trusted Contributor

Re: What happen to Luminara Candles..

My first thought was emptying old stock before bringing in new for Christmas in July

Honored Contributor

Appears to me QVC is preferring Candle Impressions these days.  Didn't see much of Luminara this past Christmas.

Maybe, it's price.

I won't buy Candle Impressions.  Can get Luminara many other places.  They have been excellent performers.  

Honored Contributor

Maybe they're made in China and nobody wants to buy that merchandise?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@ILLINOIS GIRL  I recently saw these presented:

product thumbnail

Not really crazy about them, and they are kink of expensive. However, searching for Luminara just now I saw these:

product thumbnail

product thumbnail

Not sure if it is new, but I have not seen it before. Price isn't bad. Are they from last year?

Honored Contributor

Hmm. I hadn't noticed but that is troubling.

Perhaps they have saturated the market? They are expensive, and there are other moving flame type/looking candles coming out that are cheaper and in better colors and finishes than Luminara was bringing here. I was especially fond of the Bethlehem lights ones they brought a couple of years ago, and like them a lot. I like the various Candle Impressions ones I've gotten too. Both of those brands had better colors/textures available and much cheaper than Luminaras. Martha Stewart was using them for many she brought, and I noticed a lot of them ended up on lunchtime and primetime special. Nice enough, just too expensive with Luminara and her name both to be paid for.

This isn't the time that they feature much in home decor and home goods on QVC. from Janurary till CIJ it's all about fashion, shoes, handbags and makeup mostly. 

Hopefully as we move into late summer and fall they will be back with some new things. Not that I need a single thing, just would like to see them back.