Honored Contributor

Re: What frustrates you most about housework?

The fact that it (housework) never ever ends.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

All of it, and the fact that has to be done over and over and over again.Woman Frustrated

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

@Mama Mia wrote:

All of it, and the fact that has to be done over and over and over again.Woman Frustrated

mm

My sentiments exactly.

Honored Contributor

It looks the same the moment you're done/breathe/someone walks in and uses the place.

In other words, it's a thankless job that must be done constantly with no everlasting results.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That I have been doing it the last 40 years & I'm sick of it all. LOL!!!!!!!!!

I clean some every day to keep up with it. After I clean & move on I go back where I have cleaned to touch up so it's all clean all the time. I'm a clean freak. I hate clutter, I cannot stand a dirty house so it's never that way. You won't ever see dirty dishes in my sink because there have never been any there.

Honored Contributor

My husband does not do housework....unless I ask...and then have to remind him so many times that I could have done it myself...so housework is on my plate.  What frustrates me most is that my house never really gets cleaned. I just keep up the best I can. I have some cobwebs, places behind sofa that have not been looked at for years....and things like that. I have some clutter( meaning to get to that!)  I manage to do most of the important basics....bathrooms, floors, change sheets, vacume, and such.  But a deep clean. Never.   I hang my head in shame......

Honored Contributor

When I was young I used to be a super-clean-freak. It was an embarassing obsession I think Smiley Embarassed. Whenever I saw dust, dirt...any mess...I'd be cleaning it up right away. Now that I am old and have old eyes, I can't see as good as I used to, I'm a happier person today...Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I am in the process of just putting the vacuum away only to find there's already more cat hair on the carpet. Cat LOL.....I love my kitties but they really shed in the summer......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

I feel your pain!!! My cat sheds every minute I'm like a nut job I run the vacumn everyday! Drives my spouse insane BUT I'd be insane seeing clumps everywhere!!! I think I'm going to wear the rugs out and take the finish off my tile floors -- no not really!

Respected Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

For me, it's inconsistency. I rarely have time to clean the whole house at once, so it seems there's always a mess somewhere.  I consider myself a tidy person who hates clutter and dirt, but in reality, it's very hard to keep up.

What frustrates you most about housework?

Exactly. I always had a housekeeper until I took early retirement. I thought we could fend for ourselves, but my husband and I clearly don't know what we are doing. He's better at it than I am, but I never learned to clean. I take care of important sanitary bathroom issues, he vacuums, then I get paper towels and try to figure out how the heck to wipe down an entire house! Not happy. I could spend all day every day trying to get the hose clean, and that is not what retirement is about!