Honored Contributor

Re: What frustrates you most about housework?

@wildcat fan wrote:

1) not having anywhere to store some things (guess it's time to condense & decide what needs to go to Goodwill!) 2) cleaning grout/tile (have a hard time getting it clean no matter what I use!)

@wildcat fan

I agree wholeheartedly with the frustration of not having space to store the things I have and want. 

I know that means I just have too much, and I'll plead guilty to that right up front.

I know that when I do a big clean out and reorganization of my storage areas, I'm one happy camper. 

Now to figure out how they get overfilled and not user friendly again.....and again.......and again.

Honored Contributor

Being a total organizer and neat freak I never can grasp the NEED to not get junk - trash out of the house. This AM my DH had a plain piece of paper and he must have moved it and put it down in my way as I was cleaning no less than 10 times. It was plain paper. As soon as he wasn't looking I wadded it up and threw it in the trash. He was looking for it later and I simply said ' What paper?". Honestly, what purpose did it serve to have this piece of notebook paper with nothing written on it sitting all around? 

Respected Contributor

The thing that frustrates me about housework is I truly can never walk into a room and just enjoy the room.

My eye immediately goes to the pillow that isn't placed properly or the dust that accumuated on the hard surfaces or the counter that needs to be wiped down or the school work that needs to be put away or the blanket on the couch that needs to be folded -  any number of things.

I want my house to look perfect every single day.

I'm glad my family enjoys their home, so I just have to accept that which I cannot change.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Okay, if any of you want to drop in on me unannounced, please do it today while my kitchen is sparkling :-)

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

EVER!YTHING!  It will always be there. No one comes to see me anyway.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

What frustrates me is that before I am even done my DH is already making a mess out of the parts I have cleaned. I am very fortunate to have a housekeeper every 2 weeks but I am still the one who has to do the daily cleaning and tidying up and I am a neat freak married to a total slob.I frequently say that when I get to heaven I am going to find my MIL and give her a piece of my mind for never teaching her son to pick up after himself.

Sounds like childish behavior.

Honored Contributor

I absolutely hate dusting, I'de rather clean the toilet befor I dust. But since the invention of Swiffers, it's not too bad lol.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Regular Contributor

All of it and I agree with all of you. Having been in Mary Kay for almost 20 yrs.She gave us to some fast tricks to get you out  of a jam in a hurry like a phone call from people you haven't seen in years etc and of course everything is out of place....Boy you can do spring cleaning in fifteen minutes when you know they will be there in 30 minutes.A clothes basket saved me many times by putting everything out of place mags,clothes,towels etc. in the basket and taken out to  the garage. Spray house with fragrant  spray....if at night and you don't want someone  to spy  on the spare bedroom  unscrew the light bulb so when they hit the switch the light doesn't come on....for the upstairs and you don't have the time to run  and clean grab a silk rope or one that is really nice and put across the bottom and say work being done on the rooms upstairs.All of us get caught off guard.....Of course when they are gone then you take the time to clean and put things away.......Basket great for dishes that need to be washed and dish washer is full of clean dishes......Many of our National Sales Directors told us of the many times they were saved by the old clothes basket. Life is hectic and some work just not enough hours in the day and its all right not to be so perfect all the time....Loved Mary Kay  and will always hold her close in my heart....

Esteemed Contributor

@boston terrier mom wrote:

I had 5 children plus pets, and a husband. It wore me to a frazzle, and annoyed everyone around me to have a weekend day to do marathon cleaning...at times I can honestly say we didn't like each other very much at the end of the day!

Then, by happenstance, I discovered Flylady's website, which taught me ways to make cleaning less of a chore...and is totally FREE.

I'm now 63, still following what I learned on that website, and haven't had a stressed out cleaning session in many many years. She taught me organization and how to have a plan to keep everything from piling up, which was just what I needed.

I love having a company-ready house.

@boston terrier mom

Thank you.  I shall try that website.  My main complaint is DUST.  Dust is evil!!!  You dust and its back!!!  Also, dog hair - it's everywhere, I mean everywhere!  Even in the bathroom, on the fixtrures, shower curtain and floor - even before he's gone in there!  (He insists on following me into the bathroom, believing it's a dangerous place! and, of course, must protect me....  We've had discussions in this regard:  I didn't win!  But, I look forward to checking that site, hoping there'll be suggestions on dust!

Valued Contributor

No  matter how much you clean or straighten up, it goes right back to being messy and dirty right away.