Honored Contributor

Re: What frustrates you most about housework?

It won't stay DONE!!!  It should be a one time thing.  You do it once and it stays forever!!!!  I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!  Did I mention --- I HATE it?????

Also, there is just DH and I.  I love him to pieces, believe me.  But I have to work around him and his schedule.  He will not deviate.  We used to argue about this all the time.  But I finally had to give up.  For instance, I want to get up early on a Saturday or whenever and get things done.  But I can't, because he lolligags around half the day.  If I clean the kitchen, then he goes in after I'm done and makes his breakfast, bacon, eggs, etc. -- grease all over.  If I clean the bathroom, then he decises to go back in and shave, etc.  ETC,ETC, ETC.  So, I cannot anticipate what, where and when he will do what.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ECBG

I totally agree.  Dusting is the worst!!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@RainyDayGal

Me, too!  My back is awful.  It's terrible that you have to suffer and be in pain just doing some housework, which you don't want to do to begin with!!!  

Honored Contributor

Do you remember when that one housewife went on strike?

Frequent Contributor

OMG a subject I can seriously relate to!

My Momma used to say "a place for everything, and everything in its place"......... to keep things neat and tidy I am in 'non-stop' straightening up and cleaning mode.  I'm retired and work harder now at home than I did when I was working away from home...... AND where does that dust come from?

Honored Contributor

I'm sick of washing dishes and it's annoying that I'm the only one in the house that wipes off the counter. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@indoor kitty  Boy, I'm with you on this one.  I hate, I mean HATE doing housework, cleaning, dusting, not so much running the dyson but still - ALL of it.

I can clean right now and in a couple of hours it - my floors - won't even look like I ran the sweeper.  This especially goes for mopping the kit floor.

Between the dog and my landscape-working DH, my house rarely looks like I JUST cleaned.  Within a day or two, the dust begins to settle again.  I can sit in my living rm and see the dust on my dining rm table.

Woman's work is NEVER done.  I hate it all.  I'm so TIRED and worn out at this point in my life of doing housework.  Been doing it (thanks to mom) since I and my siblings were little girls.  She taught us too keep up our bedrooms ie making our bed first.  We were helping her dust at early ages, then run the very old pinkish coral pig-shaped hoover.  When we were tall enough to reach/stand at the kit sink, yep, we were totally doing the dishes.

I hate, I mean HATE  housework!!!!  I NEED a maid/house keeper who is way younger and much more mobile than I am to do this work for me.

Calgon take me away!!!!

Honored Contributor

What frustrates me is that before I am even done my DH is already making a mess out of the parts I have cleaned. I am very fortunate to have a housekeeper every 2 weeks but I am still the one who has to do the daily cleaning and tidying up and I am a neat freak married to a total slob.I frequently say that when I get to heaven I am going to find my MIL and give her a piece of my mind for never teaching her son to pick up after himself.

Honored Contributor

We all need cutsie maid uniforms, and learn to say, "eat my grits!"  I'm sure we have our "maid" days. LOL

Honored Contributor

Thanks, ladies!  I got up early to get started, but I'm not sure if your responses have inpired me to get going or just say, "To %#& with it!"

~ house cat ~