Trusted Contributor

Re: What does your bedspread look like if you have one?

Lovely quilt Gidgetgh!!! Very pretty.

Trusted Contributor

Cardinal Girl, your room is just gorgeous! It looks like a Bed and Breakfast suite. You have impeccible taste.

Trusted Contributor

@d_to_the_third wrote:

Cardinal Girl, your room is just gorgeous! It looks like a Bed and Breakfast suite. You have impeccible taste.

Thank you so much, d!  I was going for a very soothing palatte and feeling.  I appreciate your sweet compliment.

We remodeled it a couple of years ago to enlarge what was then a very small, one window wide dormer.  I wanted a sitting area.  We also added the corner "fireplace" which is not a fireplace at all.  I did change out the decor inside it to match my mood or the season, but have since put some electric "logs" in it that really do look pretty authentic when they are running.

Trusted Contributor

@country gal wrote:

@CardinalGirl wrote:

A flora design, with some birds on the pillow.  When we remodeled our bedroom, I found this set at Macy's for several hundred dollars.  I promptly went to Ebay and found it, brand new, for a fraction of the cost.  Score!  Here is a panorama shot of our bedroom:

I remember when you were doing your remodel or perhaps it was an addition?? It is lovely! Have missed seeing you on the Home Forum. Hope you and your family have been well. From another Missourian..north of you on the Mighty Mississippi!

Thank you!  It was a remodel with a little bit of an addition.  I have been mostly missing from the forums since the big change....mostly lurked.  I think I'm used to it now.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@CardinalGirl wrote:

A flora design, with some birds on the pillow.  When we remodeled our bedroom, I found this set at Macy's for several hundred dollars.  I promptly went to Ebay and found it, brand new, for a fraction of the cost.  Score!  Here is a panorama shot of our bedroom:

Beautiful flooring. I love that you have a fireplace and sitting area in the bedroom.

Honored Contributor

This is what I have on my bed.  It's called a quilt but it's not a typical quilt.  It's polyester and was only 19.99.  I have a dog and she sleeps on my bed.  I need something I can toss in the washer every single week and not worry about it.  I've had this on my bed for about 7 months and I figure I have a few more months out of it and then I'll toss it and buy another.

I really want to find a cheaper, old fashioned bedspread that doesn't have the ruffled edge that goes from the side of the bed down.  Those don't work for us because our bed is so high. 

Essential Home Iris Quilted Comforter      

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

This is what I have on my bed.  It's called a quilt but it's not a typical quilt.  It's polyester and was only 19.99.  I have a dog and she sleeps on my bed.  I need something I can toss in the washer every single week and not worry about it.  I've had this on my bed for about 7 months and I figure I have a few more months out of it and then I'll toss it and buy another.

I really want to find a cheaper, old fashioned bedspread that doesn't have the ruffled edge that goes from the side of the bed down.  Those don't work for us because our bed is so high. 

Essential Home Iris Quilted Comforter      

I LOVE that!! That would be perfect for my bed (I have cats). Definitely my price range as well. Do you you mind me asking where you got it? I, too, need something I can easily toss in the wash machine.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Catwhisperer, it's from K-Mart.  They have several other colors/designs for the same price.

I'm telling you, this thing gets washed at least once a week, sometimes twice a week.  For $20.00, I couldn't have asked for more. This is a definite example of "you don't always get what you pay for."  LOL

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   Thank you!!!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

IMG_3937.jpg

Best buy I ever got at Kohl's -- pillows, shams, quilt for under $20! On closeout its blue and white...love it!