Honored Contributor

Re: What do you wear to clean and mess about the house?

I just wear sweats or shorts in the summer and tees, tanks, sweatshirts, etc for everyday wear. I always shower and do my hair and makeup every day so I never feel like I'm not presentable and it makes me feel so much better.  I workout and do any cleaning early before I shower also.

Valued Contributor

When I need to do some serious cleaning I wear a Stan Herman chenille mu-mu thing from about 20 years ago.  I can wipe my hands on it and when I'm done, it and I go into the wash.

I'd buy another one in a NY minute if he still sold them!

Esteemed Contributor

A while back, I only had 2 kinds of clothes: work clothes (which include casual to dressy) and PJs. I got tired of always having PJs on at home, so I bought some dedicated "house" clothes from SAMs Club and I love them! I bought some Eddie Bauer t shirts and crop sweat pants and they're perfect. They were very cheap, too ($7 or $8 or so as I recall). I should also add that I live alone, so I totally dress at home for comfort and function. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have cleaning clothes. I don't get dirty or spill things on me when cleaning.  I have casual clothes that I wear on days off, they double as cleaning clothes.  The casual clothes are presentable to run errands.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If I'm doing some deep cleaning or cleaning closets, or my storage room out---I do wear an old pair of jeans and a well worn Spurs t-shirt (my favorite NBA and our local team)....heavy cleaning no makeup!

But hanging around the house I always do my makeup and normally wear a nice pair of jeans and a nice top, t-shirt, or sweater appropriate for the season.  If its really cold I put on a thick sweatshirt or thick sweater and yoga pants.....In the summer---jeans, capris, and shorts---nice tank tops or t-shirts

And I don't ever remember my mom, my aunts, or my mom's friends getting dressed up to clean --- although Leave It To Beaver's June Cleaver seemed to be trying hard to set a trend--!!  My mom and her peers wore old house dresses to clean WITHOUT the pearls....Woman LOLWoman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

pj's lol!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

If I'm doing some deep cleaning or cleaning closets, or my storage room out---I do wear an old pair of jeans and a well worn Spurs t-shirt (my favorite NBA and our local team)....heavy cleaning no makeup!

But hanging around the house I always do my makeup and normally wear a nice pair of jeans and a nice top, t-shirt, or sweater appropriate for the season.  If its really cold I put on a thick sweatshirt or thick sweater and yoga pants.....In the summer---jeans, capris, and shorts---nice tank tops or t-shirts

And I don't ever remember my mom, my aunts, or my mom's friends getting dressed up to clean --- although Leave It To Beaver's June Cleaver seemed to be trying hard to set a trend--!!  My mom and her peers wore old house dresses to clean WITHOUT the pearls....Woman LOLWoman Very Happy

Yeah, my Mom would wear an old faded shirtwaist dress and her apron - always her apron when she was cleaning or doing work at home. To work out in the yard or barn though, my Mom wore overalls and work boots just like my Dad. My Mom always wore her hair down loose - it was naturally curly and always looked pretty but when the overalls came out that mass of hair went up into a bun.

Honored Contributor

I have what I call 'stay at home clothes' and they aren't very attractive. They consist of shorts or pants and some of my older shirts that aren't really fit for the public any longer. They are stretchy, worn and comfortable. I have a couple of pieces that are really bad for painting or anyting else that would require the clothing to be thrown out after use.

I don't care what I look like while I'm at home, as at any given time, I'm on a tractor mowing, weeding the garden, canning produce, tending animals etc. in addition to the regular housework. If someone stops by, they just have to accept this is what I do for a living. 

I only wear jeans if going out, would never spend the day in dress slacks unless having company, or going out, and don't even own a dress at this point in my life, so you won't find me looking like June Cleaver!

I do shower daily, but wear my hair straight, so wash and dry/style it only about every other day. I never have worn makeup, and the minimal jewelry I wear (earrings, a ring, maybe a bracelet) only happens when leaving the house. 

Respected Contributor

Wherever I am, house or FL, I usually have a long, loose dress on to do cleaning or lounging.  I like the freedom of not having anything pulling on me.  At each place I have a couple of colorful floaters to choose from:  they go into the washer and dryer frequently and come out so soft !!!  Couple the dresses with comfortable, supportive EasySpirit clogs and I can accomplish a lot !!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Just regular clothes, my hair pinned out of my face.  If I'm going to do something really dirty older clothes.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*