Honored Contributor

Re: What do you use to make your closet / cloths smell good?

Grocery stores, BB&B, and other homeware stores, all have "closet fresheners".   Many are reusable, that you can refresh by leaving in the sunlight for a while.   Some are absorbant if you live in a damp climate.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

When I worked I worked in a prison. Omg I'd come home and shower and wash my clothes immediately.  My spouse did the same.

Prior or to switching jobs I worked in an office environment and did the same thing! It's amazing (sadly) how our clothes pick up odors of others.

I always hung my coats outside in my garage before entering my house. I have a very acute sense of smells and can't tolerate heavy perfumes, smoke, and many air freshners or candles.

now living in FL I deal with "dampness" so I keep a "damp dri" in my closets. It's amazing how much moisture is trapped in there and keep closet door cracked to circulate the air.

When we moved to Fl. I was surprised that our closets had AC vents in them. I couldn't understand the need to keep our clothes cool but I guess it is to keep them dry.It works, we never have damp closets, but I have a good friend who has an older home that complains about her clothes being damp and limp.

Trusted Contributor

I really like HSN's Joy Magano fragrance sticks. They don't give off much scent (they're not supposed to) - it's more they neutralize smells around. I put a couple in my luggage that is stored for most of the year. When I need to use it, I can open the luggage and it smells great. No nasty been-closed-up-for-months smell. I have a couple containers of the sticks in all of my closets. I really think they help keep things smelling fresh but are not overpowering at all. If she has them as a TS this year, I would recommend give them a try!
Respected Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:
I really like HSN's Joy Magano fragrance sticks. They don't give off much scent (they're not supposed to) - it's more they neutralize smells around. I put a couple in my luggage that is stored for most of the year. When I need to use it, I can open the luggage and it smells great. No nasty been-closed-up-for-months smell. I have a couple containers of the sticks in all of my closets. I really think they help keep things smelling fresh but are not overpowering at all. If she has them as a TS this year, I would recommend give them a try!

@FindingMyJoy  GOOD IDEA, I have seen these before, I'll check them out. Good tip with the luggage too