Honored Contributor

Re: What do you love most about your home?

It would probably have to be the great room that overlooks the woods behind us.  We also have wonderful neighbors...... which counts for a lot. 

Esteemed Contributor

DH remodeled this house and I helped! I helped pull wires, helped with plumbing. About 8 years ago we put a roof on the garage with our 2 sons.. 

It was a VA-repo. We bought it without stepping foot inside. 

The attached 1 car garage was converted to family room and a dining room with cathedral ceilings. The dining room has 3 skylights, the family room has 2 skylights.  The old master bedroom became the master bath en suite. We added on a master bedroom with trayed ceiling  and a huge walk-in closet.  There are red oak hardwood floors in the kitchen, living room and hallway.  The kitchen was remodeled with hickory cabinets (some day I want to change the counter tops to quartz).   We built  a over-sized 2 1/2 car garage in the backyard.  I was pregnant with my 2nd son and I was helping with the garage walls.

DH has planted plants, moved plants, dug raised bed gardens ... I asked he did it!  (except painting-- he hates painting) 

Honored Contributor

Space to be comfortable. 

Respected Contributor

The mountain view.

Trusted Contributor

I moved back into the family home to take care of my elderly mother. Our house is 42 years old, semi-custom, in a hilly, leafy neighborhood full of good neighbors.

I love the stone fireplace and all the things in this house that aren't in most homes today. Solid construction, one story. The once covered patio was made into a three-seasons room about 25 years ago and it looks onto the lush backyard. Big kitchen with built-in hutch and warm wooden cabinets and paneling. Most people who visit gravitate to the kitchen or the sunroom.

It's just a warm, comfortable home that doesn't look like all the others. And, I can feel my Dad here.

Honored Contributor

Probably my Living Room with our nice fireplace, and our big open kitchen. I really like our backyard as well-its big enough to entertain, without being overly large....Just wish we had more privacy!lol!

Honored Contributor

I think I have been very lucky to have been able to design my own home and select everything that I have always wanted, to the extent that I can't even pick just one thing that I like best.

Very blessed.

Respected Contributor

@nonniedwrote:

The people who live in it with me.

Best answer of all !!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

The light. Ours is a split level home with the main living areas on the upper level. Nearly floor to ceiling windows on the north side of kitchen, also the dining room has extra large sliding glass doors onto the deck on the north side. The dining room also has floor to ceiling windows on the west side, as well as the living room. It's like living in a tree house, lol. From the deck off the dining room I can look onto the pool and the woods beyond. The downside is the stairs as we age will probably become a problem.
"To each their own, in all things".