Respected Contributor

What do you love most about your home?

I love the cozy and welcoming feel of our home. I try hard to make our guests feel welcome and they usually ask to wander about before and after dinner. It makes me feel blessed.

What do you love about your home?

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you love most about your home?

I like that my home is small, simple and cozy and off the beaten path. 

Honored Contributor

I like the touches I've made to the decor and what remodeling we have done, as well as the country location with pond, woods, and fields. 

I don't like my actual house, it isn't the style or age I wanted (but buying rural, the choices are limited, especially if you have a budget), but I am happy with what I have done to make a house that isn't my favorite, into a home that is.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy having only one floor. Back north we lived in a two story house with a basement and an attic. Lots of stairs. I also love the floor plan, as it is a split design with our master bed and bath on one side ad the guest rooms and bath on the other. Great for when we have company. Then of course we have a screened in pool and nice lanai. 

Honored Contributor

Totally paid for!

Honored Contributor

I love that it is on the water. I walk out the door and the bay makes me feel peaceful. It does have it faults (hurricanes and flooding) if they unfortunately happen.

I also love our open floor plan and how the sun shines through the entire house.

I am proud that everyone comments on how cozy and welcoming it is. I work hard at trying to accomplish that so I do appreciate the positive comments immensely.

Contributor

The people who live in it with me.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG...yes -no mortgage, it's the best!!!

But I do love our large field stone fireplace, covers a large wall and is the focal point of the family room.

In the summer, fall, I really like the 3 season room that over looks our small, but manicured back yard.

Honored Contributor

Retired, living with my sweetie, no mortgage and for the first time in my life when I look out my front windows I don't see houses across the street. I see my wonderful lake that is heaven on earth. I always have to pinch myself. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I have a double-sized balcony (one of eight in a complex with over 200 units) that faces the rising sun. FABULOUS.