Honored Contributor

Re: What do you do at home you might not expect to see elsewhere?

@Wiscfan3wrote:

Interesting topic....I had to think about this for a while and finally came up with something that we don't do, that it seems almost everyone else does. That is, we do not serve or drink alcohol in our home. (One exception--We do make  and serve grasshoppers--the only drink we ever have.) Maybe it is not all that unusual but almost everyone we know does. When our families and friends visit they bring their own, including wine glasses because we don't have any.  We have no objections to others drinking, we just don't care for it and aren't going to buy or serve it in our home. 

@Wiscfan3. I can't believe you expect your guests to bring their own glassware for their wine.  Its not practical to be carrying delicate glassware, dirty and clean, around with you.  How inhospitable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've been known to eat out of the pot.......I use Corningware, so it's not all that bad (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMacwrote:

All the cats I have ever owned never knew my bedrooms or bathrooms existed.

I do not want cat hair in either rooms plus I do not want my cat sleeping or lying on my bath room rugs.  Especially after using the litter box!!!!! icon_exclaim.gif

Rules in my house:  I don't sleep in your bed or use YOUR bathroom.  Stay out of mine.http://oi59.tinypic.com/23uzrjo.jpg

Wow are you kidding me?? I have two long hair cats that go wherever I go. It's their house too! Mine sleep in bed with us. I would be heartbroken for them to banish them! My cats a very clean so no litter paws ever in my house. Bathroom rugs too? Really? All I can say that my cats are part of my family, like a child, I surely wouldn't prohibit them in certain rooms. Wow.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

@Wiscfan3wrote:

Interesting topic....I had to think about this for a while and finally came up with something that we don't do, that it seems almost everyone else does. That is, we do not serve or drink alcohol in our home. (One exception--We do make  and serve grasshoppers--the only drink we ever have.) Maybe it is not all that unusual but almost everyone we know does. When our families and friends visit they bring their own, including wine glasses because we don't have any.  We have no objections to others drinking, we just don't care for it and aren't going to buy or serve it in our home. 

@Wiscfan3. I can't believe you expect your guests to bring their own glassware for their wine.  Its not practical to be carrying delicate glassware, dirty and clean, around with you.  How inhospitable.

@Kachina624  I know you are serious but I had to laugh at your last sentence. As the thread discusses this is a "quirk" and something that I truly know that someone might not expect to see in friends' homes. Luckily, my friends and family all understand this quirk, and we all even joke about it. (Oh, I will wash their glasses for them.  I have no problem with that.) They would not want me picking out their wine or their glasses, as I have no knowledge or interest in any of it. Maybe someday someone like you will come along in RL and set me straight, but for now I will keep serving water, milk, soda, etc. in my usual glasses.

Honored Contributor

@Wiscfan3wrote:

@Wiscfan3  We also do not serve or drink alcohol at our home. It's rare that people bring booze with them because they know we don't have it in our house so perhaps they feel uncomfortable? I don't know. That said, people appear to be enjoying themselves when they're at our house so, lol.

Super Contributor

In my last house I used an old bath towel to step out on, then put it over the side of the tub to dry.

This house has 2 baths, but, until my son replaces the whirlpool tub with a real tub in the master bath, I use the teensy tinsy shower off the kitchen. I think it was an afterthought during an addition several decades ago. Barely room for a bath mat, so after shower I prop it up outside the shower. No place to hang an extra towel, just enough room for one on shower rod.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach

Well, this is a silly "routine" for my kitties.Cat LOL

When we adopted them, the message was feed high quality grain free WET food.  We feed them that twice a day.  However, they also get some dry kibble as a treat, in the evening.  So that they don't guzzle, we put the dry kibble in a treat ball that they nose around, which takes them about a half hour to finish.  This is done at 8 p.m., and when they are especially hungry, we might be treated to an hour or so of what we call "dinner theater"  or "Meowsterpiece Theater" theatrics.  They can tell time, and if one minute past eight goes by, they dial up their antics.  The boy cat eats his in a plastic bin in the living room, and the girl cat gets hers in our bedroom.  We have a plastic bin in our LR, and with their toys it looks like a kitty day care center.

We think no one else does this.  Cat Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

I have a bird (ceramic, stone, clay, metal) in every room of my house.  Some rooms have several, but each room has at least one.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know if we DO anything differently, but you might not expect to see Hathini in many other homes:

IMG_2316.jpg

Honored Contributor

@ID2

No I am not kidding you.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif