Esteemed Contributor

I’m in the process of furnishing my living room.  I enjoy seeing the different living rooms posted here.  I was wondering if people lean more toward neutral colors or a colored sofa/chairs?  Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: What color is your sofa?

Sorry, but I have a patterned sofa. I am well aware that this is out of style, but so be it. It was pricey, is comfortable, and I happen to like it. You need to buy what you like since it will be in your house and you will see it everyday.

Honored Contributor

I have a deep blue based red sofa.  Red and all of the tints and shades are my key color.

This is Christmas.

DSCN0462.JPG

Trusted Contributor

Right now my living room is neutral. My sofa and loveseat are a tufted style with fabric buttons in an oatmeal shade. I also have dark chocolate brown leather accent furniture around the room.  It's a very big room.  

Prior to this furniture, the room was a much bolder look with a red sofa and upholstered chairs.  

Trusted Contributor

hi @RetRN 

I like a patterned sofa.  My last one was patterned and it was so pretty.  I was just ready for a change.  I agree with you.  I don't go for "in style".  I just pick what I like.  

Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

Sorry, but I have a patterned sofa. I am well aware that this is out of style, but so be it. It was pricey, is comfortable, and I happen to like it. You need to buy what you like since it will be in your house and you will see it everyday.

@RetRN I will join you in being out of style because I have 2 patterned sofas that match (OMG) in Living Room with solid chairs.  I've had them forever since LR is rarely used.  Burgundy sofa and love seat in Family Room and I am still happy with both rooms. . @cotton4me  Buy what pleases you as you are the one living with it. 

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I have a deep blue based red sofa.  Red and all of the tints and shades are my key color.

This is Christmas.

DSCN0462.JPG

Very pretty.  I like the color red.

BTW, I have that same snowman figurine!

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me 

Does your home have seperate living room and den, or do you have a "greatroom" concept?

The brand of my couch is Cosy Craft.  Everyone says it's the most comfortable couch they have sat on.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

This is Christmas.

DSCN0462.JPG

Very pretty.  I like the color red.

BTW, I have that same snowman figurine!

@DottieBlue 

Thank you.  I love him.  A lady's bf made him for me.  He enjoyed ceramics as a hobby.  Our son 40 years old,  was 2 at the time.

These are my lamps now, the large beige one and shade.  I changed them right after Christmas.

It takes me a long time to find just the right touch after having taught design.

See the source image

Respected Contributor

Chocolate brown leather sofas and chair with ottoman.