Valued Contributor

Re: What color is your sofa?

Thanks for the info on the lamps @ECBG .  I could use one in each size.

Honored Contributor

@Terrywu wrote:

Thanks for the info on the lamps @ECBG .  I could use one in each size.

@Terrywu 

The green would be quite nice with gray, especially if you have plants.

Honored Contributor

Had  patterned fabric on the 2 couches I just got rid of---now I have a mottled med grey and charcoal  grey couch--so went very nuetral.

Super Contributor

My sofa is yellow!  It is almost 50 years old.  Originally, it was upholstered in a floral/stripe pattern (different shades of greens and yellows) that was so popular in the 70s.  About 20 years ago, I had the sofa completely rebuilt and reupholstered..  I live in NYC and Brunschwig & Fils, the French fabric store, used to have a warehouse sale once a year upstate.  I found this soft yellow fabric, more a straw color, with a large leaf pattern woven into the fabric, which was a fabulous deal.  The sofa took 33 yards (it's 102" long).  The sofa is actually closer in color to the wall color than what it appears in the photo.  It's not a strong yellow so it comes across as more of a neutral.  The brown pillow is from Pottery Barn and is a great contrast to the straw color and is a good match to the picture on the wall.

20210614_113158.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've had printed and solid color sofas in darker and lighter colors. Currently I have a solid camel color sofa. It seems very light neutrals have been trending for awhile now. I'm not sure how practical they are for real life though. Good quality sofas are expensive so pick something you will like for many years (unless you're willing to change it out with the trends).  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My sofa is a leather sectional & it's this color (ETA: this was taken right after it was delivered a couple of years ago. It now has throw cushions on it that pick up the colors in the carpet & a square coffee table in front of it- note the yardstick on the floor in front of it was to see how large a table to look for.):

No photo description available.

Trusted Contributor

@BklynKinsey wrote:

My sofa is yellow!  It is almost 50 years old.  Originally, it was upholstered in a floral/stripe pattern (different shades of greens and yellows) that was so popular in the 70s.  About 20 years ago, I had the sofa completely rebuilt and reupholstered..  I live in NYC and Brunschwig & Fils, the French fabric store, used to have a warehouse sale once a year upstate.  I found this soft yellow fabric, more a straw color, with a large leaf pattern woven into the fabric, which was a fabulous deal.  The sofa took 33 yards (it's 102" long).  The sofa is actually closer in color to the wall color than what it appears in the photo.  It's not a strong yellow so it comes across as more of a neutral.  The brown pillow is from Pottery Barn and is a great contrast to the straw color and is a good match to the picture on the wall.

20210614_113158.jpg

Your sofa is so lovely. I would never get rid of it even if it lives to be 100 years old. It's so obvious when a piece of furniture has been constructed with old-time quality. Lucky you!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I love those Pottery Barn lamps pictured above.

I have three sitting/living areas in my house ergo I have lots of couches.  One is a loden green color and is located in the fireplace area of the living room.  Another is a medium grey tweedish sectional located in the gathering area of the living room, and in the family room area of the great room there are two charcoal leather couches.   All solids.

Honored Contributor

At first it was off white and then I changed the slip covers to Khaki.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ECBG   That is a great looking sofa but I would need to change the color.  For some reason I am not fond of red in sofas or clothes.

kindness is strength