Trusted Contributor

What color goes with pale lavender?

I retired last month and moved in with my daughter and son-in-law. He is building me a small bedroom and bathroom onto their house, and I will be painting the walls a pale lavender color. What color accents go with lavender? I know purple wood match but I really don't like purple. Tks!
Respected Contributor

Re: What color goes with pale lavender?

I love lavender with a soft yellow and teal. It sounds weird but it is a beautiful combination.

Honored Contributor

Oh I love this palette. Try a pale green or pale blue. They both are lovely with pale lavender. I once had a bathroom in pale blue with pale lavender and pale green towels/mats. They really are pretty. A light yellow might be nice as well.

Frequent Contributor

Perriwinkle blue is beautiful with lavender. I had a spare bedroom using those colors 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The replies that you have received sound really good.  I would also suggest a pale/soft pink or rose.

My guest room has yellow walls with accents of lilac/lavender and white.

Super Contributor

Gray or pale yellow

Regular Contributor

All of these are nice selections! I would also say that cream/ ivory and peach are nice, also. Remember with design you can use up three colors ( more would look like a circus) so if you did two pale colors, you could throw in dark-colored throw pillows or dark pillow shams and a  rug and matching candles. Even a dark throw blanket at the end of your bed....You get the idea. Every room should have SOMETHING dark because the light colors make your eyes "float" and the dark colors give your eyes a place to land.

Trusted Contributor

I would take take a paint chip and go shopping for a new bedspread, drapes, pillows.  Many pastels would go with the pale lavender.   If you wanted a brighter color do that with smaller accessories that are easily changed.   I have a white bedroom.  Now the spread and curtains, etc are in pastels-pink, blue,green.  I recently bought new to revamp the room.  I found them at Bed Bath on sale and clearance.  Everything is an off white back ground with large dahlias in shades of pink to rose.  Lots of leaves in shades of green.  The bed pillows pick up all of the colors.  Drapes and small pillows can be changed to another color easily.  This is totally different from anything I have ever done.  I am a 72 year young widow..  When my husband was alive I could do anything I wanted but flowers never entered my head.  I can't wait to see how it looks.  It will be totally different from the rest of the house.  Have fun.  Look at HGTV magazines and see what others have done.  They always have articles on choosing colors and remaking rooms.  Please keep in touch and let us hear what you did.  Make it your own.

Esteemed Contributor

@NiteStar Congratulations on your retirement!  How nice that you'll be able to spend quality time with your family.  ☺️

There are so many possibilities--several have been mentioned already.   I think I'd like grey or navy and white with pale lavender. 

Honored Contributor

lavender and chocolate brown and some white or ivory?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"