Honored Contributor

Re: What color are you main living space walls?

I have a very light neutral color that is not beige exactly--but is light and does not read green, pink, and maybe a tad toward yellow, but is a very light neutral.  

We have both white and dark wood (dark beams, kitchen cabinets and doors, white shutters and trim) and this beige is beautiful with the white and sets off the dark wood beautifully.  It really is pretty much the color of a chopstick!  I can't stand dark walls!   I am a girl for light, bright and lots of windows!  

My furniture is light, white, or very light leather wing chairs and some aqua and coral.  I love the combination.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There is a little more gold in the color we selected when our home was painted. I want a true beige this time around and will look for the color mentioned by the OP.

Honored Contributor

I love color.  Our kitchen is yellow.  Our dining room was painted a faux golden color by a professional artist and we love it. Our living room is red on three walls and gold on the fourth wall.  The foyer area is gold.  Our den/computer  room is a muted striped  wallpaper.  Our master bedroom is a medium gold with white trim.

There  will never again be any white walls in our home. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My house is a combination of colors. My lr/family w/high ceilings have cream - accent wall - buttercream.

Bedroom (guest): same colors

Master: blue w/cream & yellow accents

i think the paint is Sherwin Williams. The lady who I purchased the house asked me what colors I wanted because they were in the process of painting the house when I put in offer & they accepted. We had the same decor taste - lucky for me (saved lots of $$$$)

I decorated the house in a French country decor. I love mixing blues/yellows & creams of different hues and cottage style furniture.

Honored Contributor

Sherwin Willams Dover White.  It's egg shell without being yellow.  The focal wall is cedar planking with the other walls done half way up.

We're in the woods and needed some brightness to bounce the light.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne   Ah, peach - I love it!  When we moved into our home and after months of scraping of every inch of very old wall paper on every wall & ceiling, a soft peach was my first choice of color in the living, dining and foyer just inside front door (which was a shade lighter).  I loved it but I always get antsy after a few years, I see ads on tv for furniture let's say, and I see a great color combo that I want to change to.  After peach some years later I changed all three spaces to a light teal green.  Loved that too. 

Then I started seeing ads for gorgeous red leather furniture and HAD TO HAVE IT.  So out came the brushes again and that's when the three spaces turned into what's current in the 'ponytail' (light cafe au lait).  Well the red leather was stunning against the new walls.  That was my best yet!!!  Don't have that red leather anymore, we now have a tan leather sofa & matching furniture which I like but it's all lounger furn & it's very heavy to move around.

I'd LOVE to go RED again and very well may next time around.

Your peach sounds great with navy as well your yellow with red & black!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I am in Florida too.  Our builder's decorator picked out a Sherwin Williams color called "Latte".  It does look like coffee with cream in it.  I have come to hate it.  It is dull and bland.  The woodwork and ceiling are "Antique White", which is fine.  I really want to have it painted over but for the life of me cannot decide what colors to use.

I want color, but I want it to be neutral at the same time.  This will be a big decision and I have to get it right, because I am only going to do this once because I have to hire someone due to the tall ceilings.

It would seem you need to look around your house and decide if your furniture,flooring,cabinets and counters would best go with the beige family -the grey family - all white or the ivory family. Once you make that decision  it's just a matter of picking out the shade you like and can live with for a long time. For unstancde with the colors of my carpet and my countertops I would really need to stick in the beige or ivory/ecru family.When we lived inn PA. we had a good painter who would always help me pick the color.I really miss him now.

Honored Contributor

Pittsburgh Paints "Summer Suede":

Image result for pittsburgh paint summer suede

Honored Contributor

The rooms that aren't papered, are done in an antique kind of white. 

I like lots of light, and to be able to change up a rooms fabrics and other decor pieces without having to worry about a paint color. I prefer to paint as few times as possible in my lifetime, and a white/cream/ivory color stays in 'style' and doesn't become dated or 'out' therefore requiring painting more often.

Super Contributor

My Living Room walls are painted a rich brown with white baseboards.  I used to have all the walls in my house white and now every room is a different color.