Honored Contributor

Re: What are we supposed to do with this?

[ Edited ]

I wouldn't buy them but if you take 1/2 and put it in a pot, it does look like - from a distance - the potted mums that are ubiquitous this time of year, especially if it's a mum color like purple, yellow, or gold.  I guess that's why they sell them in late-Summer.

Respected Contributor

They are a decorative, whimsical splash of color in a yard. I don't expect them to look anymore lifelike than a garden gnome or a butterfly solar light. Some people like things that are a little different. How boring would the world be if we all liked the same things.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

What are we supposed to do with this?

@NYCLatinaMe    Dribble it and see if you can get it in the basket? 

thanks for the laugh!  i'll try doing that with the ones my daughter has.....she loves hers.....i don't!

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

I understand you @Kachina624, not the balls...

Hoping to read from those who love them...

my daughter loves hers.....don't know why!! they look so weird.....

Respected Contributor

I live in a single home with a large landscaped property.  I have flowers and plants of all types that grow throughout my gardens.  Never would I even consider or purchase a "plastic" plant.

YET I actually emailed the link to this item to a family member and recommended that she purchase ASAP.  The person is older and can no longer keep up walking outside to water plants.  These would be PERFECT displayed in a number of decorative pots that she has in the front yard.  They seem to be colorful and are probably quite sturdy and care free.

With all the drought on the western half of the country, these would also be great for those who want the look but do not have the ability to grow real flowers.

They appear to be quite popular as many colors are selling out.

Many times when I shop QVC these days, I try to think who I know would find an item useful, not just whether I want it or not.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

At least they don't look like the ones from last year which I thought looked like coronavirus molecules.

I didn't see them last year.  I have never seen anything like it.  I think I have seen little ones in vases/urns.  I just saw these when I looked for today's specals. They are highly rated, so not new.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee   Ummm, that's kind of what I was thinking of.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

At least they don't look like the ones from last year which I thought looked like coronavirus molecules.

@SilleeMee 

To me these DO look like covid molecules, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have  very tall large urns on my front entrance which  end up being too heavy  when filled with  planting soil . So, I  bought  shallow  insets  that I fill with potting soil . In the fall I buy mums . So, agree these may look like mums from afar , however a big gust of wind may blow these around . Not for me ., I'll buy real mums and plan them in my  flower garden at the end of the fall season.

I have to admit my husband  laughed and said  don't you dare buy those things .

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@SilleeMee   Ummm, that's kind of what I was thinking of.  Woman LOL

@RoughDraft 

Sure...uh-uh, rightWoman Wink....LOL!