Frequent Contributor

Re: What Your Kitchen Style Says About You

my kitchen is primitive, with oak cabinets and plank flooring

Honored Contributor

aparment dwellers have no choice LOL. if you cant live in a nice, upscale apartment the kitchen pretty much is c*appy!!!!  Smiley Sad

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Valued Contributor

I'm 70% classic 30% country.

Respected Contributor

Classic & Country Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I'd go with Country. Beautiful pictures though.

Honored Contributor

Like some of the others, I'd say I'm a mix of classic and country. I'm definitely NOT modern or minimalist! My kitchen needs updating - I'll admit it - but I love my white appliances, my island, and my hardwood floors. Whenever I have friends over, I can set up in the family room or the sunroom, and everyone always clusters around the island in the kitchen! That's where the juiciest conversations take place! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I could work in any of those kitchens.  

Respected Contributor

It says Welcome! Its warm but large...Country French cabinets that are stained a light shade & have granite & stainless steel. I am an organized Freak. I am not a minimilist but am not a Clutterbug! I just re-did my Coffee Bar/tea area & love it! I do have some red accents.

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

CLASSIC

Traditional and elegant, reserved and tasteful, but never dull. You're all about great food, made with love, using the tried-and-tested approach.

Classic kitchens are like classic cars: they never go out of style. Unlike a classic car, however, the quirks of random mechanical breakdowns don't need to be shrugged off as "part of the experience." A kitchen has to work all the time, every time.

So, today's classic kitchen design is a marriage of wood panelling, heritage colors and reliable modern appliances, which work in perfect harmony with your methodical kitchen style. You're efficient and tidy as you go — not a messy cook.

An Aga in a classic color rounds off your baker's paradise: the icing on the cake, if you will. Yours is a kitchen that Mary Berry herself would be proud to bake her best in.

@lolakimono

I love a classic kitchen. I have always decorated my kitchens in this style.  I like some of the others, but I always choose classic.