Honored Contributor

Re: What Your Kitchen Style Says About You

I don't like the color of the island but I like everything else about this kitchen

kitchen.jpg

Respected Contributor

@stevieb  IMHO, the one thing those 'experts' you referenced do best is marketing, which most of the middle class naively trusts - hook, line and sinker.

I saw a thread title around here somewhere that asked something like "When did Bathrooms go so Over the Top?"  My immediate thought was, "Right after they saturated the market with kitchens." 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just know everyone is going to jump up and try to copy this kitchen.. It's a good way to camouflage that avacado appliance you still have.   You could hide a monkey in this kitchen. 

20170702_162537.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't like to cook, the only thing about food I like is eating it,   As I love to eat,  I do like a homey kitchen.  None of these kitchens appeal to me - they all look boring and sterile.  I prefer a warm cozy looklng kitchen which probably isn't practical for those who like to cook or who do prepare meals everyday whether they like to cook or not.   The kitchen definitely isn't a room I think of as the heart of a home.  I would say it is the family room where everyone gathers in a comfortable setting for conversation, movies, etc. after a  meal.

Respected Contributor

My ideal kitchen would be detached from the house the way they were in colonial times so if a fire happened it would not burn the rest of the house down.LOL I saw this in Williamsburg. I really do not like people crowding in the kitchen when I am working. They always end up in there. Heavy sighSmiley Frustrated.

Trusted Contributor

I'm "clountry" - a mix of classic and country! Just warm, homey, functional without trying too hard.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

@stevieb  IMHO, the one thing those 'experts' you referenced do best is marketing, which most of the middle class naively trusts - hook, line and sinker.

I saw a thread title around here somewhere that asked something like "When did Bathrooms go so Over the Top?"  My immediate thought was, "Right after they saturated the market with kitchens." 

@IamMrsG

Woman LOL

Perfect observation !!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

@software wrote:

I don't like the color of the island but I like everything else about this kitchen

kitchen.jpg

I'd say this style is more cottage ...mine is similar and it's quite cozy .....

Honored Contributor

Of the set of pictures, I like the first (Classic) best.  However, in theory, I would have said Architectural is more my style.  But the Architectural kitchen pictured here is not to my liking at all.

Respected Contributor

Love looking at the beautiful kitchen pics!  I'm in a rather outdated apartment now.....my kitchen says "Partridge Family On A Tight Budget"!!!!!!