Respected Contributor

Kirkland Brand .. cotton satene at Costco ... fabulous ... look online .....

Super Contributor

I actually really enjoy Rayon from bamboo sheets.  Especially in the summer.  They are super cool.  But I do agree that 100% cotton percale are the best. 

Honored Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@Desert Lily 

I've not tried them, but I'm also in search...I miss the good ol cotton percale of yesteryear....soft and cool, not wrinkly or overly warm.

Plain ol cotton percale is exceedingly hard to find.

Good luck in your search, I hope we BOTH find what we're in search of.

@MoonieBaby 

L.L. Bean and The Company Store have percale sheets.

Super Contributor

I've been having success with sheets from Macy's.  Just purchased my 3rd set of the Charter Club Damask 1.5" Stripe Sheet Set, 550 Thread Count 100% Supima Cotton, Created for Macy's. 

They wash very well and any wrinkles smooth out once they're on the bed.  I've had my first two sets (in weekly rotation) for over a year now and now sign of wear at all.  They are soft to the touch, but have a little weight to them.  I sleep hot and these don't make me hotter.  With a coupon code you can usually get a reasonable price.  A nice variety of colors and white are available. 

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Honored Contributor

Re: What Type of Bed Sheets

[ Edited ]

I love Cuddledown's 400 thread count cotton sateen sheets.  They are nice and cool and don't pill or wrinkle.  I don't like anything over 400 thread count as the ones I have felt are too stiff.

I have used these sheets for many years.  I have two sets, and they don't seem worn at all.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

@Desert Lily 

I've not tried them, but I'm also in search...I miss the good ol cotton percale of yesteryear....soft and cool, not wrinkly or overly warm.

Plain ol cotton percale is exceedingly hard to find.

Good luck in your search, I hope we BOTH find what we're in search of.

@Desert Lily   Try Vermont Country Store.  I've gotten several percale sheet sets from them.  They're kinda expensive, but I love percale!  And dried outdoors.......can't beat them.

Respected Contributor

I've liked some of the sheets purchased from West Elm (Williams Sonoma household goods) and I usually get them on sale

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono 

NOT ONLY ARE YOU STYLISH AS ALL GET OUT - you're always lookin out for others - so very cool of you to point me in the RIGHT direction.

You rock!

Respected Contributor

@Catlady Nicole 

I agree about Macy's damask sheets.  I give them as gifts, too.  Prices very reasonable when sales run.  

I tried another type of sheet set a few years back at Macy's that were different - more like a t-shirt softness but not the type that stretches all out of shape.  DD loves them but can't find those again.