Respected Contributor

I've been shopping online for new bed sheets. There are so many different kinds. I live where it gets extremely hot so I want some that are cool, but I also want them to be soft. Starting a few years ago, I decided to only buy solid white (because a color might fade), 100% cotton, and 600 thread count.

Now, I want a change. I'm considering Calvin Klein's Modal(49%)/Cotton(51%) blend modern knit. Or not ... LOL. I'm concerned that they might pill. Has anyone tried modal/cotton blend sheets?

image.png

Respected Contributor

@Desert Lily 

I've not tried them, but I'm also in search...I miss the good ol cotton percale of yesteryear....soft and cool, not wrinkly or overly warm.

Plain ol cotton percale is exceedingly hard to find.

Good luck in your search, I hope we BOTH find what we're in search of.

Honored Contributor

Have you checked the sheex dot com website?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

True luxury Scandia Down sheets and comforters. 20% off thru August.

Frequent Contributor

Re: What Type of Bed Sheets

[ Edited ]

@Desert Lily  I bought a set of DreamCare sheets on Amazon for a spare bed.  

My guests really liked them and said they were very soft.  They also have small pockets on each side where you can put your cell phone or a TV remote.  I just ordered 2 more sets of them - one for my 2nd spare bed and a set for my own bed.  They are very reasonably priced and come in a lot of different colors.  And they were shipped to me for FREE in just 4 days.

Honored Contributor

@Desert Lily    I have some cotton/modal Catherine Zeta Jones sheets that are too thin and flimsy for my taste but they haven't pilled.  I prefer cotton with a bit of polyester so they don't wrinkle.  In all my years, I've never had sheets fade.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: What Type of Bed Sheets

[ Edited ]

I love the sheets by Saatva ( an organic mattress company-highly recommend), called Lofton.

Soft, organic cotton sheets, made in America, and not made of imported materials.

A good healthy sleep is just as important to me as a good healthy meal.

Honored Contributor

I like a cool sheet, but I also like a little body to it.  Right now I'm using the wrinkle defense sheets from QVC and yes, I know about the possible health concerns.  I tried something similar from HSN but they are more flimsy.  

A few years ago I got some sheets from HSN I really loved.  they were cool to the touch and very smooth.  My main complaint was that they weren't wide enough to get a good tuck on a pillow-top mattress.  I still used them because I loved how cool they were, but they are getting thread bare now, especially the fitted one.  Since I almost always get some sort of sage color, i may just try and use the flat sheet with one of my other fitted sheets although most of them besides the Wrinkle Defense sheets are a little rough.  

Respected Contributor

I picked up a flannel set on clearance from BB and B back in February, thinking I'd probably only use them in the winter, but I loved how cozy they were, and have not switched back to my percale since my bedroom ac is chilly and the 100% cotton flannel feels good. Makes me sad that they have pilled however, even though I have followed the washing instructions to a t. 😥

Honored Contributor

I got rid of all our sheet sets and only have Members Mark 450-thread count 100% cotton. The queen bed has one color and the other color is for the full bed. The price is right for me.

This is another way to simplify my life.

Of course we have two sets of Polar fleece for the winter months.