Respected Contributor

Re: What Style is Your Home Interior?

Your home is so pretty and charming @Regal Bee !

My home is a cute little Santa Fe style Adobe with arched doorways, big heavy wood doors with heavy hand hewn Iron hardware,and hand made iron light fixtures ,with a touch of country rustic 🙂

Respected Contributor

@Carmiewrote:

@Regal Bee  I love the picture of the bedroom you posted.  It looks like a country B&B that is featured in an upscale magazine.  I would feel comfortable and cozy in that room.

i have a question though.  When I see pictures of bedrooms without bureaus and such, where do you store your clothing?

I seem to have a lot of furniture in my bedroom and even though my bedroom is cozy, I have no room for chairs, tables. Lamps and all the good decorating things.

Almost all of my rooms are traditional, and transitional, but I have my mother’s hard rock maple dining room set and it is colonial.

I guess I fit into the eclectic category.  I collect pieces that I love or bring a good memory.  

I also have a shrine to my DH in the living room that I would love to move elsewhere, but he won’t let me.  He gets hurt feelings when I suggest he put it into a study.  It is a wall with his picture and awards and metals for lifesaving, valor, etc that he was given  over the years through his job.  I feel it is an eyesore, then I feel bad for thinking that.

i’ll live with it because he is a keeper.

@Carmie  Thank you.

We have a large walk-in closet with shelves and drawers and I put my clothing in there. The closet was a re-do by my wonderful husband many years ago. I am also blessed to have a dressing area in the master bathroom.

I am sure you are super proud of your husband.....he does indeed sound like a keeper.

Super Contributor

Your bedroom is so beautiful, Regal Bee! It does look like it could be featured in a magazine of beautiful homes. My home would be considered traditional style but sometimes does not seem pulled together to me. I don't really have an eye for decorating. I just put together what I think looks good. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures. 

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee your room is so beautiful.  My home is traditional with an emphasis on family antiques. I doubt that my rooms would photograph well, although after looking at some pictues a realtor posted of a friend's house, I didn't think mine looked too shabby.

Esteemed Contributor

My house is basically modern/traditional with the exception of my sons bedroom, which is done Western. I also like everything clean and orderly. 

My mom would love your bedroom. It's kind of country chic. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  The "shrine" to DH you mentioned in the living room would bother me also.

I would want it in the family room.  

The husband of my former next door neighbor was a big game hunter.  He had his trophys hanging throughout the home.  There were bear, elk, deer, and other various heads of animals in every room.  

Honored Contributor

Leave it to Beaver meets Ozzie & Harriet!  Woman Very Happy

Seriously, yes --- my home is very old-fashioned.  It's comfortable.  Would I like some upgrades?  Yes.  But I am not concerned with it. 

It has charm and coziness.  It's mine and I like it!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Different rooms, different styles but all welcoming and relaxing.

E92ECA3E-6944-4E15-AE01-BA899E83D018.jpeg

C8190593-9CBD-498B-A684-CE427EE7389A.jpeg

850D18FE-6B1B-48B3-8F9D-93CDEF238AF6.jpeg

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@jlkz  Totally charming......I think your rooms flow well and yes, they are welcoming. Thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

My friend who is into that type of thing calls our home "American Traditional".  I decorated it with things that I loved and the colors that I loved;  I wasn't going for any particular style. I don't if it's eclectic, it could be.  I just know it's filled with what we like.  It is a work in progress.  It's very  similar to this without the chocolate brown.  My colors are tans/ivory/deep red.  We have tan ww carpet.  I wish we had hardwood floors.

Related image