Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Style is Your Home Interior?

I'm thinking eclectic because.... 

• combo vintage chic / coastal in guest bedroom - white furniture with seafoam green accents 
  • Kitchen is cream cabinets with black island & faucets/sinks -- bronze / black / cream granite, looks like a constellation in the sky. Modern farmhouse style furniture
  • livingroom -- open floorplan, polished casual decor. Nature theme of water, leaves and trees as both our last names are nature words. Just a fun thing we do. 
  • MBR is simplistic. Dark Mission Furniture with pale yellow and white bedding. Wall accents and lamps have modern, serenity vibe. 
  • Bathrooms are light and traditional
  • Finished basement is occupied by family guests. When they move, husbands wants to update to industrial, sporty, comfy man cave. Everything will recline - ha     
"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

@Regal Bee; I hope you continue posting decorating ideas and discussing topics. I admire your talent and appreciate sharing with us.
Honored Contributor

Since I actually live in a cottage on a lake my home interior decor is cottage style mixed with shabby chic. I've been asked many times who my decorator is? Me! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I guess I'd say mine is traditional/eclectic.  I just like to mix things up, makes it more interesting I think.  It's small (just over 1500 sq. ft.), welcoming (I hope) and always neat.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee  I love the picture of the bedroom you posted.  It looks like a country B&B that is featured in an upscale magazine.  I would feel comfortable and cozy in that room.

i have a question though.  When I see pictures of bedrooms without bureaus and such, where do you store your clothing?

I seem to have a lot of furniture in my bedroom and even though my bedroom is cozy, I have no room for chairs, tables. Lamps and all the good decorating things.

Almost all of my rooms are traditional, and transitional, but I have my mother’s hard rock maple dining room set and it is colonial.

I guess I fit into the eclectic category.  I collect pieces that I love or bring a good memory.  

I also have a shrine to my DH in the living room that I would love to move elsewhere, but he won’t let me.  He gets hurt feelings when I suggest he put it into a study.  It is a wall with his picture and awards and metals for lifesaving, valor, etc that he was given  over the years through his job.  I feel it is an eyesore, then I feel bad for thinking that.

i’ll live with it because he is a keeper.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Regal Bee That bedroom looks so cozy and inviting! Our house has two stories with two stories. First story: 18th and 19th C American antiques, decor, style. Second story: Enter at your own risk! The bedrooms have not changed since the children were little. The kids won't let me redecorate their rooms - even though they don't live here anymore. The boys' room still has planets and stars wallpaper on the walls and ceiling! The second story is my first retirement project.

Esteemed Contributor

My decor is transitional and on the formal side. I keep it neutral with an eye toward resale.

Not feminine at all. I raised two sons in this house. Did not desire anything "sweet", although I have a floral winter bedspread and matching drapes and coordinating floral chair and print in my bedroom! 

Honored Contributor

Modern country.  Comfortable is key.

Respected Contributor

Transitional with some rustic mixed in.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

MY style.

I do not follow trends as seen on HGTV or in magazines. I get ideas from them though. 

My home is My home. A have a nice mix of things - and not just one set style of design thru out - it just all goes together and blends nicely.

Over the years, I have less and less stuck with a particular style of any sort. I tend to get bored with that, I like to mix and match to create a space that is comfortable and livable. Both are important elements in my home. 

-Texas Hill Country-