Honored Contributor

Re: What Items in your home are you most Proud of??

[ Edited ]

I was fortunate to inherit some absolutely gorgeous  antiques. I am aware antiques aren't everyones cup of tea but fortunately, we both love them and appreciate their history. Especially because they have come from either my or my DH's ancestors.

We also have several pieces of original artwork that my friend who is an interior decorator got for us when we first got married. I think original oils add a feeling of quality to a room.

Honored Contributor

All my framed  pictures of family.

I like going to flea markets to find great frames.  I do the framing myself.

I have lots of pictures framed & hung of the kids when they were young.

Have great pics of my daughter when she was in high school, she marched in the band at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade one year, 2 years later she marched in the Tournament of Roses parade New Years Day in Pasadena, CA.

I have pictures of my son when he was little, fishing & playing.

I have pictures of  my parents and grandparents as well as my grandkids.

When I retired, I was given a framed picture of my office, all my co-workers signed the border mat.

I have a great picture of my late husband on his tractor, working a field.  It's one my favorite pictures of him.   I even have pictures on the wall of my furbabies.   When I'm walking through the house doing chores or whatever, I love looking up to see the pictures, I never get tired of looking at them.  

It's almost an obsession. 

Valued Contributor

I have a 7 foot standing mirror with a mother of pearl frame.  I bought it right off the floor from Macy's furniture store.  It was originally over $1000, but was marked down to $250.  

It's the one thing in my home that every single person comments on.  

Respected Contributor

I'm with GoldenGate: my sizable (organized) book collection.

LOVE BOOKS!

Esteemed Contributor

My custom built Amish bedroom pieces. 

Years ago I had the most miserable job imagineable. On my way home there was a small store that brokered Amish furniture. I fell in love with a bedroom suite there but could only say "one day" and sigh.

I made that one day happen. When they delivered it I sat down and cried at how beautiful it was.

Super Contributor

My 3 fireplaces, especially the one in the bedroom. I live in Colorado!  It just got warm this week!!

Regular Contributor

I have an antique china cabinet that I inherited from my parents that I love and artwork that my daughter did. Favorites are in oil pastels and are her "Ruby reds" (red patent leather shoes from her childhood) and some mason jars which look like real glass!!  She amazes me.

Valued Contributor

The items listed below brings fond memories and smiles,would I used proud yes of my family pictures.

My Father was pictured in life magazine.He was the Bishop of the Methodist Church,he officiated one of the first African American killed in Vietnam funeral.I took that picture had it reproduced  in black and white,a full 8 by 10 ,I matted in a antique scroll silver and frame it, in a 16 long and 22 inches wide black frame and  I did the same with the design with a picture of my mother.My favorite family pictures are all personally frame and matted on one wall from the top to the bottom.Family members when visiting love the wall of pictures in my large dinning room.

In my living room my  wood crave African masks along with wood Elephant,loin, giraffe,monkey masks.

In my bedroom my life size Zapf artist doll(the size of a year or 2 year old child,) He sits in a wicker chair,  with  2 Boyd's bears, the cushions are denim and hand made. Nelson (dolls name) clothing changes with the season.Today he wearing denim shirt and shorts and leather loafers.. Love the denim colors, the tiles in the  bedroom  is denim color and off white.The walls are denim and soft pink,with butteries. The room is in the. country style.With plants, and family pictures  and my double frame window I am over the moon.

Valued Contributor

I am proud of our antiques which are inherited from my great-grandparents, my grandparents and my mom. I am also proud of our home. We live in my family’s house that was purchased by my grandparents in 1926. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Valued Contributor

The stunning views from our numerous, enormous windows.

I live in the mountains and I love them.  I can see the cloudbursts, rainbows, evening shadows, wildlife, etc. all from nearly every room in the house.

The views are the defining feature of my home.  The house itself was built to capitalize on them.