Honored Contributor

What Is The Best Grout Cleaner?

Time for fall cleaning!  What works for you cleaning the grout on the bathroom floor? The bathroom people use when coming in from outside!  

Spoiler
Woman Embarassed
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Is The Best Grout Cleaner?

No floor grout here and you make me so happy...I don't.  LOL

Just mop and go............

Respected Contributor

@Sooner  I don't know what the best cleaner is, but I use baking soda and a small brush or a toothbrush. My bathroom is not large, fortunately.

Respected Contributor

Clorox clean up with bleach. Spray on, let sit for two minutes and use a toothbrush and grout is clean

Respected Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Clorox clean up with bleach. Spray on, let sit for two minutes and use a toothbrush and grout is clean

I do the same.

Frequent Contributor

I bought spray hydrogen peroxide to use on my bathroom tile floor grout.  Read it in a cleaning hack.   Spray it on, let it set for a bit, scrub with a brush and wipe up.   Worked beautifully on my light colored grout.  No nasty bleach odor.  

Honored Contributor

I had a tile floor thru my formal dining room that extended up  a step to my front door---spent 2 days with a stiff narrow brush cleaning it with a combo of peroxide and baking soda---oh my aching knees!!! Was selling the house and it had never been cleaned--tile was a medium tan with a sand colored grout---it was very dark after all those years---but that solution did a really awesome job and it looked amazing. MY knees---they looked bruised and sore!!!Woman Sad  

Respected Contributor

I use Soft Scrub.  I water it down just a tiny bit then smear it on the grout.  Let it sit for a short while then scrub with a hard toothbrush.  After that I use my carpet cleaner to soak up the residue.

Valued Contributor

@QVC101 wrote:

I bought spray hydrogen peroxide to use on my bathroom tile floor grout.  Read it in a cleaning hack.   Spray it on, let it set for a bit, scrub with a brush and wipe up.   Worked beautifully on my light colored grout.  No nasty bleach odor.  

@QVC101 

Would you mind sharing the brand name of your spray hydrogen peroxide?

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaliKat  I just bought the store brand.  I got mine at Walmart, but I think most drug stores have one too.