Honored Contributor

What Do You Think Of Basket Coffee Tables?

Honored Contributor

Re: What Do You Think Of Basket Coffee Tables?

[ Edited ]

love them!!! they look sturdy, are open and airy, easy to move , natural , neutral and would buy some in a heart beat!!

Respected Contributor

They're pretty casual. But they make me think of the challenge of dusting those surfaces and possible snags of fine knits that brush against them, so they're just not for me.

Esteemed Contributor

My cats would love them to sharpen their claws on. 

Esteemed Contributor

I love it. I like neutral tones, so I like what I can see. I think both the shape, and texture of the coffee table's add interest to the space.

Trusted Contributor

I don't really care for them.  As someone else said-- cleaning them could be problematic.  Lots of crevices... And I wonder if they would start to breakdown. and be oddly shaped.  If you know what I mean.

Do you want them for storage?  because I think you can find tables with hidden storage or use a trunk or cedar chest?  

Respected Contributor

I don't like coffee tables. I like space to walk and these look too close to the couch. We have wicker laundry hampers so that is what I am seeing.

Esteemed Contributor

They can look nice if you get the right ones.  I would not have them in my living space only because I don't feel they are practical.  Even if they hold storage, there isn't much room on the top for the table area and I can always get storage space elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

I'm afraid I'd be tripping over them all the time.  Unless they're weighted, I'd send those board pieces flying.  They just add more to an already bland and boring room. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I like them as they are very versatile and can be used for many things.  Room looks like a comfortable family room  with enough surfaces for drinks and snacks as the family gathers for movie night or just hanging out.  They can be cleaned easily with the brush attachment on a vacuum but not sure they would work with cats.