Honored Contributor

Re: What Do You Think Of Basket Coffee Tables?

It's been decades since I lived in a home with both a living room and a family room or den.   Although there's little reason for me to have a more formal living room area since I rarely entertain formally, I prefer my glass and wood coffee and end tables.   I do have a basket for blankets, sweaters, etc but it's not visible from much of the room.  Just convenient for me.

Honored Contributor

I love them in a cottage or coastal setting... as most things they can't be used with every decor style.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nice space, but I'll pass on the baskets as 'tables' and the rest of the decor as well. Actually, I like the baskets but not as tables...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think they work in that space.

Esteemed Contributor

I would like them if they were the proper height. These look to be too tall for a coffee table.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

As someone else indicated, I do not like or use coffee tables.  My spaces are small, sometimes I need a walker, and I often manage to trip over items. (Gasp!)

Honored Contributor

They are fine. 

Respected Contributor

@jubilant 

NOPE on the coffee tables .. but I like the rest of the room.  Open, airy & casual.  Thank you for sharing.

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

Good point!  Maybe my 2 girls wouldn't in their elderly age of 19, but I know for sure in their younger years, they definitely would.  There wasn't much in our home that didn't get scratched by them.

Super Contributor

Like someone said..... You can get things snagged on them.  I prefer the leather storage units.