Respected Contributor

Re: What Colors Do You Love in Your Home?

My whole house aside from my daughter's bedrooms is painted a neutral beige with white trim.  Blue is the primary color throughout the downstairs and master bedroom.  Lighter blue in the music, dining and powder room and denim in the family room.  The family room also has red accents.  

At my beach house the main colors are grey and light aqua with light coral accents. 

Respected Contributor

Neutrals, blues, burgundy, and aqua.

Honored Contributor

Pastels. (Think saltwater taffy colors)

Definitely not jewel tones.

I didn't even want a black frame TV, so we got silver.  Problem is, when the TV's off---huge black screen.Woman Very Happy

My kitchen does have some black accents, but everything else is creamy.  Cabinets, wall color, granite.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Regal Bee  The colors in your couch are the colors in my LR.

My couch is natural color (cream) done in performance fabric.  Very pillow-y cushions, so I only have 3 lumbar pillows in coral (very similar to the cabbage roses (?) in your print).

I have 3 painted mahogany chairs in coral, apple green and sky blue, the cushions mimic the couch fabric.

The walls are cream colored.

One wall is painted a muted turquoise, a color I *pulled* from a large painting that's hung on that wall.

Valued Contributor

Shades of blue, gray & white trim are my favorites! And silver accents for all hardware. I have a vintage green bathroom that's become my eclectic garden/plant sanctuary. One room is painted a medium brown & cream which isn't my preferred favorite, but I've added pops of blue & green in decor in there & that's grown on me over the years! I might paint a room some shade of green or soft purple in the next year or 2, still debating on that!
Honored Contributor

@sometimesQVCaddict wrote:
Shades of blue, gray & white trim are my favorites! And silver accents for all hardware. I have a vintage green bathroom that's become my eclectic garden/plant sanctuary. One room is painted a medium brown & cream which isn't my preferred favorite, but I've added pops of blue & green in decor in there & that's grown on me over the years! I might paint a room some shade of green or soft purple in the next year or 2, still debating on that!

@sometimesQVCaddict   OMGosh you're bathroom sounds so dreamy!  Originally, this house had a pink vintage tiled bathroom, but the boarder was done in that green along with the sink and commode.  We had to tear it all out because there was only a shower--no tub.

But the thought of opening the door to your bathroom and seeing a greenhouse of plants--well, I'd just have to keep going in and looking!

I love houseplants.  One bathroom has no light and one bathroom although bright only has direct sunlight at sunrise.  So if you look in my tub, there's an orchid cactus in there on a wooden stool--for the winter.Woman Embarassed

Valued Contributor

@Lucky Charm Well the green bathroom has a pink floor...lol...but I've learned to love & embrace it till I finish other projects in the home I want to do first. I really do love all the vintage charm of my 50s bathroom w all original fixtures-nothing has been replaced except the window! And added floral curtains once I replaced the window to brighten it up, which started the plant explosion!! It is very calming & relaxing to me. Completely not what I normally would gravitate towards either, but maybe that's why I love it even more.
Honored Contributor

I spent decades in the blue family for much of my decor, and I've moved on in the last few years. I still love blues, I just felt it was time for a change.

The main level of the home is done in neutrals. Tan/taupe/ivory/and just a hint of grey. I find that  this palette lends itself best to changing decor. I love to decorate for fall in muted greens and rusts and pumpkin colors, and in my opinion, they only look good with a very neutral backdrop. The same for Christmas and winter decor, my new neutral allows for a seamless and calm color transition. I was tired of trying to love seasonal decor clashing with all the blues I was using.

The family room is a bit more primitive, and has earthy browns, greens and reds. 

Master bedroom and guest room are 'out of style' but based in dark rose, hunter green, and ivory and I love those rooms as much as they day we put them together in the 90's. 

What I don't like in colors in my home is pastels. I have never liked peach or teal or spring soft pastels in home decorating for me. I do see other people do pastels well and I enjoy seeing it, I just don't want to live with it.

Esteemed Contributor

Blues...cream....soft green....

Esteemed Contributor

@Regal Bee @love your living room  ,  so beautiful and comfy!  Love the floral touches !   The walls in our home are a light grey all trim is white , we have picture molding in dinning room,  and kitchen ,  crown molding throughout .

kitchen and bathrooms are black and white ,  black cabinets with quartz Marble (white with grey ) looking counters .   Living room and dinning are very Glam , furniture from Z Gallerie , with smoke colored chandeliers .   Family room very casual and comfy in Greys, white and beige .  That's where we hang out ,  it's our comfy room! 

Master bedroom is done in grey , white , and smokey lavender .   other bedrooms very neutral mainly beige and grey with touches of gold.  hardwoods called vintage ash which is like a greyish brownish tan coloring throughout.     Kind of looks like the flooring at QVC .