Honored Contributor

Re: What Changes Do You Plan For Your Home This Year?

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm not "planning" anything..........but I expect the fridge and washer will probably  see their demise this year.................

@Desertdi

My washer has about had it too. The normal cycle doesn’t work. I told my DH when the delicate cycle goes, it goes. 

DH is thinking about a new more efficient heating system - yikes - vey expensive. Exterior needs painting. I want to update the basement which is the last part of house we haven’t touched since buying it in 2000, but I don’t think we will have enough money for that. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

I'm not "planning" anything..........but I expect the fridge and washer will probably  see their demise this year.................

@Desertdi

My washer has about had it too. The normal cycle doesn’t work. I told my DH when the delicate cycle goes, it goes. 

DH is thinking about a new more efficient heating system - yikes - vey expensive. Exterior needs painting. I want to update the basement which is the last part of house we haven’t touched since buying it in 2000, but I don’t think we will have enough money for that. 

@wilma   My heat pump breathed its last during August.    I also need paint, inside AND out.    It never ends...........(!)   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Hoping to remodel our kitchen.  Going for a more streamlined look.  Want to throw out a lot of junk that's accumulated, especially in the basement.  We also need to replace folding doors that cover our washer/dryer. 

Honored Contributor

I need to paint the interior of my house--the entire house, which isn't that big.  I just don't want the mess and dust that having that done makes.  I am so sick of my burgundy accent wall though.  I am anxious to get rid of it.  I'll never do an accent wall again.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@ECBG, you had me at new puppy!Enjoy, enjoy..wishing you many years of happy!As for my plans a new log cabin!Started already..Nervous, happy, crazy!Enjoy all the new! Hugs,MaryAnne 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Paint the master bedroom and new carpeting in there, too. Some paint touchups here and there. Continued decluttering. Thinking about painting the sunroom.

Respected Contributor

Maybe my powder room. It is livable but is getting dated. I want to make it dressier and more dramatic even though it is small.

Respected Contributor

Downsizing the back deck. Painting the bathrooms. Replacing exterior door’s hardware.

Probably need to replace the washer/dryer, will wait for a real good sale though, not in any rush... I mean seriously, how exciting is a new washer/dryer?... 

There is always something on my list... my never ending list... or, so I have been told 😉!!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

My deck replacement is past due. Wish I could afford that maintenance-free stuff so it's going to be done with pre-treated wood instead. Should be okay and besides it wouldn't be cost-effective to go with the expensive stuff. Tight budget and it's just me here.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee,I'd LOVE that!  DH (alis "Nature Boy:") won't do it because he feels it wouldn't look right on our cedar house!  Grrrrr.......  My reply..."It's in back!".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

My deck replacement is past due. Wish I could afford that maintenance-free stuff so it's going to be done with pre-treated wood instead. Should be okay and besides it wouldn't be cost-effective to go with the expensive stuff. Tight budget and it's just me here.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee,I'd LOVE that!  DH (alis "Nature Boy:") won't do it because he feels it wouldn't look right on our cedar house!  Grrrrr.......  My reply..."It's in back!".

The pre-treated lumber that I saw at Home Depot looked like redwood to me. In fact, I walked right past the entire section of it when I was directed to look for the pre-treated wood. I always thought pre-treated wood was a greenish color. Not so much anymore! It looks just like redwood. @ECBG