Honored Contributor

Re: Were Valeries set of 2 doves officially presented?

[ Edited ]

I received our set of Doves and they are lovely. I DO NOT recommend these for those folks who dislike any glitter coming off of decor.

I opened the box in our big kitchen sink (dry & clean it of coarse). As I took each bird out of it's little plastic bag, I brushed it down with my hand to remove as much excess as possible and then set them down on the counter.

Personally, I'm glad I got them and they will look lovely in vignettes. For me, since I know that once I place the birds in one spot for the holiday season, I don't worry about the glitter. I don't move them around. When I am ready to store them til next season, I'll brush them off again of the dust and any other excess glitter then (outside with dusty stuff after decor has been out for weeks). I will be storing the birds in each of their own gallon size baggie with a bit of bubble wrap Smiley Happy

So, on a scale of 5...I give them a 4.7...a 5 if there was no glitter that comes off...lol....but not a deal breaker!

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I received our set of Doves and they are lovely. I DO NOT recommend these for those folks who dislike any glitter coming off of decor.

I opened the box in our big kitchen sink (dry & clean it of coarse). As I took each bird out of it's little plastic bag, I brushed it down with my hand to remove as much excess as possible and then set them down on the counter.

Personally, I'm glad I got them and they will look lovely in vignettes. For me, since I know that once I place the birds in one spot for the holiday season, I don't worry about the glitter. I don't move them around. When I am ready to store them til next season, I'll brush them off again of the dust and any other excess glitter then (outside with dusty stuff after decor has been out for weeks). I will be storing the birds in each of their own gallon size baggie with a bit of bubble wrap Smiley Happy

So, on a scale of 5...I give them a 4.7...a 5 if there was no glitter that comes off...lol....but not a deal breaker!

Thank you, SL, I ordered a set today.  I don't mind taking items outside and brushing off loose glitter.  It's just a part of Christmas decor as long as it isn't too excessive.  Like you, I don't take apart vignettes to dust so the glitter stays pretty much intact.  Birds are one of my weaknesses in home decor and I enjoy watching them outdoors too when they come to the feeders.

Honored Contributor

The doves are beautiful, no glitter falling off, but there is a blue mark on one so they are going back for an exchange. The one snowball that I lit so far is a white light, not yellow, so if the rest are the same, they are keepers.  The red picks are nice, but not as spectacular as Lisa's, but for my use, I think they will work.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

The doves are beautiful, no glitter falling off, but there is a blue mark on one so they are going back for an exchange. The one snowball that I lit so far is a white light, not yellow, so if the rest are the same, they are keepers.  The red picks are nice, but not as spectacular as Lisa's, but for my use, I think they will work.

They looked to be quite a bit smaller all-around to me.  Did you notice any shedding with the picks?  I've been thinking about trying the peacock color, although I may wait for as-is. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Thanks, mousiegirl, for the review on the doves and snowballs.  I have the set of three 6" spheres and according to Valerie the snowballs  are like them, only smaller.  I didn't notice them looking yellow but I used them in a basket with other stuff so probably wouldn't have noticed that so much.  Mine are coming today so I'm excited to check them out.  I'm also getting the cloche so I'll post a review tomorrow on them.  I'm hoping for good  ones.  :-)