Honored Contributor

Went to Cracker Barrell for dinner last night ...

and we could not help but note that everything that was out for sale in the store was for fall. Lots & lots of Pitt or PSU football stuff like jerseys. Lots and lots of fall dishes with colored leaves on them. Lots of owl decor. Seems early for a store that is selling ready to use items. I understand craft type stores selling things early. I guess people just can't wait for what is coming next. My Mom would say "don't wish your life away".

Honored Contributor

Re: Went to Cracker Barrell for dinner last night ...

Not unusual, Same thing with Clothes.
Honored Contributor

I'm surprised they didn't have Christmas stuff out also.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

My Mom would say "don't wish your life away".

My mom would say the same thing, whenever I'd say "I can't wait for this weekend" or similar.

Both moms are right.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

and we could not help but note that everything that was out for sale in the store was for fall. Lots & lots of Pitt or PSU football stuff like jerseys. Lots and lots of fall dishes with colored leaves on them. Lots of owl decor. Seems early for a store that is selling ready to use items. I understand craft type stores selling things early. I guess people just can't wait for what is coming next. My Mom would say "don't wish your life away".

QVC just finished with CIJ and shortly they will have their fashion days or weeks or whatever and it will all be winter stuff.  

We had the same mom.    I hear those words often in my head.   I didn't understand it back when I was a kid but I sure do now.   And I tell my DD the same thing.

Respected Contributor

I am done buying anything new for the summer season.  I do not really purchase home goods necessarily for summer, but clothing and such, no more for me.

I appreciate the seasonal items being sold early, that way I know what I have or want.  I am ready for Autumn for sure!!!

But then, I have never really liked the Summer weather!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

For the most part with some few exceptions, I really don't care when stores or QVC, etc. start showing the next seasons wares. If I see something I like/want, I get it. If I don't see anything that interests me, I don't. Easy.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I really wish you hadn't posted this!!

Our local Cracker Barrel is terrible, the food and service stink.

But....I go in once in awhile to look at the store. And I'm weak for the fall and holiday stuff. 

I had done a good job of ignoring the fact that the fall stuff was coming, but now you went and moved it front and center in my mind! What were you thinking @151949?! LOL

Now I see a trip to CB in my future!

Honored Contributor

HUM - I had a fabulous chef salad with smoked turkey and smoked ham. The smoked turkey was especially good. Came with 2 nice cornmeal muffins - yum.I love CB food. You can find reasonably healthy food there if you read the menu.I had low fat balsamic vinagrette dsg. & I love the large diet rootbeer in the frosted mug.

Trusted Contributor

@151949  What is Cracker Barrel?  Sorry, but I never heard of it.  Thanks