Honored Contributor

Re: Went to Bath & Body Works....

Drove by, there were 12 in line outside, in 90 degree weather, fully exposed to the western sun.

There was a breeze but I can't stand in line in that kind of sun & heat

It was already 3:45pm so I wasn't even going to try it.

I was at the mall for other reasons, so I just drove by to check it out.

DD & I always look forward to their semi annual sales.

There's another mall with more trees, might be a better location to stand in line.

Or I'll go to the indoor mall, where I generally never go (too much crime inside & in the parking deck)

I like anything with a heavy white floral scent, also love citrus

I use White Citrus as a shower gel.

I like One in a Million, another heavy white floral

I love most of the Aromatherapy scents.

I'm not a huge candle lover.

I want to come home with some Gingham body cream

I can read the description & usually tell if it's something I'll like

Here's the description of Gingham:

A fresh blend of bright florals & a hint of sweet citrus. Notes of blue freesia, sweet clementine & soft violet petals.  

Everything I like.   It's not a guarantee I will love it but I'll give it a try.

It's only body cream, right!

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ninjawife wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Stores are opening here and one store my sister and I had been hoping to shop at in person was Bath & Body Works...... 

Got there 30 minutes before opening and there was already a long line....Everyone wore masks which  the store requires and appropriate distancing was enforced and marked....12 people at a time could go in......there were arrows directing people to help with distancing and for register lines.... There was plexiglass to protect the customer and cashier...

The Manager and people that work at this store are always very nice and personable.... (cant say the same for all their stores)....  The Manager went down the line and asked what everyone was shopping for and pointed out where they could find the sales items and location of products in the store.....

Things went smoothly and I bought some candles and the hand soaps.....

My sister asked the Manager about B&BW closing some stores, and this particular store had just expanded right before the pandemic. We were assured that this store definitely would not be closing, it was a top store in sales. She said most of the B&BW store closures will be at the malls ..... fewer people are shopping at malls these days...people go more towards shopping centers like their store or order online....

Our B&BW in our nearest mall is far busier than the nearest store in a shopping center.  It is also twice as big, having a separate White Barn Candle Shop attached next door.  It is crazy in there at Christmas and at their semi annual sales.

@ninjawife 

There's a high end mall, I call it the "Gucci Mall" and that B&BW store is huge and has a White Barn attached....this store does well, but other stores at the other malls I see very few people in BB&W.....  Our outdoor mall (non enclosed) has a small B&BW store and there's never anyone in there, and they dont seem to have the stock other stores do....And at the most popular and busiest mall, they keep moving that B&BW store around, but they still cant seem to find a location to attract customers...There's another shopping center with a B&BW Ive seen customers there......So I guess it depends on the store and mall or shopping store location......

I live in Northern Delaware and in Delaware there is no sales tax so this particular mall which is right off the interstate gets a lot of shoppers from nearby PA, MD and NJ.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

Drove by, there were 12 in line outside, in 90 degree weather, fully exposed to the western sun.

There's another mall with more trees, might be a better location to stand in line.

Or I'll go to the indoor mall, where I generally never go (too much crime inside & in the parking deck)

A fresh blend of bright florals & a hint of sweet citrus. Notes of blue freesia, sweet clementine & soft violet petals.  

Everything I like.   It's not a guarantee I will love it but I'll give it a try.

@software 

The big difference with my trip was we were there at 9:30AM in the morning, it was fully shaded, and a "cooler front" had come in took away all the humidity, and made it very dry, and the temperature was a VERY pleasant 66 degrees....Woman Very Happy  Now if it had been 3:45 PM and in the mid 90's in the sun, I couldnt have stood the heat.....so I understand where you are coming from!

In addition to florals I also like citrus...there used to be a grapefruit scented candle with some other notes, and I loved that candle---but they discontinued it.... Smiley Sad   I'll have to check out the Gingham when I go back.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@software wrote:

@software 

The big difference with my trip was we were there at 9:30AM in the morning, it was fully shaded, and a "cooler front" had come in took away all the humidity, and made it very dry, and the temperature was a VERY pleasant 66 degrees....Woman Very Happy  Now if it had been 3:45 PM and in the mid 90's in the sun, I couldnt have stood the heat.....so I understand where you are coming from!

In addition to florals I also like citrus...there used to be a grapefruit scented candle with some other notes, and I loved that candle---but they discontinued it.... Smiley Sad   I'll have to check out the Gingham when I go back.....

Were you able to sample products?

I "heard" there was no sampling, which is why I will probably just order online.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@software wrote:

@software 

Were you able to sample products?

I "heard" there was no sampling, which is why I will probably just order online.

@software 

I didnt really try to sample any products..... I just went for my old "faithfuls" that I knew I liked..... 

This is all they say about Co-Vid:

What can I do to stay safe as you open stores for shopping?

To protect yourself, other customers, and our team, we ask that you:

• Wear a protective mask or face covering.

Wash hands frequently or use hand sanitizer.

Maintain 6 feet of distance from others.

Stay at home if you have a fever, cough, are symptomatic or have been around anyone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 14 days. You can always shop online at bathandbodyworks.com.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”