Honored Contributor

Went to Bath & Body Works....

[ Edited ]

Stores are opening here and one store my sister and I had been hoping to shop at in person was Bath & Body Works...... 

Got there 30 minutes before opening and there was already a long line....Everyone wore masks which  the store requires and appropriate distancing was enforced and marked....12 people at a time could go in......there were arrows directing people to help with distancing and for register lines.... There was plexiglass to protect the customer and cashier...

The Manager and people that work at this store are always very nice and personable.... (cant say the same for all their stores)....  The Manager went down the line and asked what everyone was shopping for and pointed out where they could find the sales items and location of products in the store.....

Things went smoothly and I bought some candles and the hand soaps.....

My sister asked the Manager about B&BW closing some stores, and this particular store had just expanded right before the pandemic. We were assured that this store definitely would not be closing, it was a top store in sales. She said most of the B&BW store closures will be at the malls ..... fewer people are shopping at malls these days...people go more towards shopping centers like their store or order online....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Re: Went to Bath & Body Works....

After I self imprisoned myself in the house, I dont want to go out for some reasons.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our store just re-opened Monday, and I have not yet ventured in, but am thankful for your explanation! I've been very concerned about compliance of the standards, but feel a little more comfortable now.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

Sounds as if everyone was provided a good experience. Lucky you to have the store in your area that knows what it's doing.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Spurt 

Sounds as if everyone was provided a good experience. Lucky you to have the store in your area that knows what it's doing.

@GingerPeach 

Yes, they were very well organized.... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

How would you know if you like a scent if you can’t smell it. I’m sure you’re not supposed to remove your mask to smell the products. I couldn’t buy a candle or soap without smelling.🤔

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Leggett28 wrote:

How would you know if you like a scent if you can’t smell it. I’m sure you’re not supposed to remove your mask to smell the products. I couldn’t buy a candle or soap without smelling.🤔

@Leggett28 

I have favorite scents that I always buy.......This time of the year I go with my favorite florals or fruit scents....

Georgia Peach

Fresh Cut Lilacs

Peach Bellini

White Gardenia

Lavender

But of course I had to try the Foaming Hand Soap---

RIGHT MEOW

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Spurt!  I need some fragrance bulbs and our local stores are temporarily closed.

All the best-

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Stores are opening here and one store my sister and I had been hoping to shop at in person was Bath & Body Works...... 

Got there 30 minutes before opening and there was already a long line....Everyone wore masks which  the store requires and appropriate distancing was enforced and marked....12 people at a time could go in......there were arrows directing people to help with distancing and for register lines.... There was plexiglass to protect the customer and cashier...

The Manager and people that work at this store are always very nice and personable.... (cant say the same for all their stores)....  The Manager went down the line and asked what everyone was shopping for and pointed out where they could find the sales items and location of products in the store.....

My sister asked the Manager about B&BW closing some stores, and this particular store had just expanded right before the pandemic. We were assured that this store definitely would not be closing, it was a top store in sales. She said most of the B&BW store closures will be at the malls ..... fewer people are shopping at malls these days...people go more towards shopping centers like their store or order online....

Our B&BW in our nearest mall is far busier than the nearest store in a shopping center.  It is also twice as big, having a separate White Barn Candle Shop attached next door.  It is crazy in there at Christmas and at their semi annual sales.

Honored Contributor

@ninjawife wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Our B&BW in our nearest mall is far busier than the nearest store in a shopping center.  It is also twice as big, having a separate White Barn Candle Shop attached next door.  It is crazy in there at Christmas and at their semi annual sales.

@ninjawife 

There's a high end mall, I call it the "Gucci Mall" and that B&BW store is huge and has a White Barn attached....this store does well, but other stores at the other malls I see very few people in BB&W.....  Our outdoor mall (non enclosed) has a small B&BW store and there's never anyone in there, and they dont seem to have the stock other stores do....And at the most popular and busiest mall, they keep moving that B&BW store around, but they still cant seem to find a location to attract customers...There's another shopping center with a B&BW Ive seen customers there......So I guess it depends on the store and mall or shopping store location......