Trusted Contributor

Re: Well we're looking for a new washer...this HE one is driving me crazy.

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

Can you still buy the old kind that fill the whole tub with water?

Yes @itsmetoo, That's what we got.  Got the tall wringer too.  Going back to basics and it should last us our last 25 yrs. LOL.  That's how my husband referred to it.  That was scary but true.  Speed Queen.  We get it Friday, and I'm looking forward to it. 

@qualitygal Good to know. Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@itsmetoo What is a "tall wringer"?

@151949

That wasn't me who said that but I'm guessing its the agitator.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

Yes @itsmetoo, That's what we got.  Got the tall wringer too.  Going back to basics and it should last us our last 25 yrs. LOL.  That's how my husband referred to it.  That was scary but true.  Speed Queen.  We get it Friday, and I'm looking forward to it. 

@qualitygal

You will love it. Sounds crazy but laundry will be a pleasure to do.

Esteemed Contributor

I continue to be the outlier here, in these washing machine discussions - I love my Hotpoint top loader HE, with agitator.  I do king-sized comforters regularly, work a dirty job outside, and things come very clean.  Hubby uses major towels and I can do a week's worth in a load.  I use detergent very sparingly.

It replaced an old Whirlpool that I could have taken a bath in.

My Mom, in AZ, where water is scarce, can't fathom washing a few undies and a bra or two in anything less than a full tub.  She and I disagree on this, for sure.

Happy laundry! 🏡

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Had my washer/dryer--Kenmore--for 17 years---had the washer worked on a few times but for the most part--they both did well--until the racket they made about drove me crazy! I bought a new Whirlpool pair 2 years ago and ----the angels have been singing ever since--got the middle of the road models as I don't need the bells and whistles. The washer is a top load and they both are HE. Takes longer to wash than before tho. But am very happy. Went to Home Depot and spent about $1000 for the pair.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

SOOO - how do you like it?

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

I have an old Armana from 1999.  I'm still using it several times a week.

@Tigriss

I remember the previous washer thread.  It appeared around the same time our washer died and I was sitting in a laundromat wondering how a person could wash a load of clothes without taking a second mortgage.

We ended up with an Amana.

And now we're looking at refrigerators.  When did they start charging $2000 - $4000 for a fridge? Woman Tongue

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I got an LG front loader two years ago. It caused bad water hammer, but tyere was a fix for it that I found on line and had installed by a plumber cuz he was here at the time. OK fist issue taken care of. Second issue ...vibrated so badly that it moved feet with each wash so I had Best Buy fix it for free under their first time 30 day thing. Problem continued and I just kept leveling it again myself because now out of first thirty days and not covered under warranty. No matter what I said to them, they insisted it was "my floor".Fast forward under two years later it floods the basement floor. Total cost of washer about 1200 down the drain because nobody in the area fixes them. Best Buy would, but because I didn't buy their extended geek warranty, it was going to be a minimum of $450 to repair.Total aggravation ...can't even be measured it was so high. I am pretty sure Best Buy was aware of the problems with this model. Will never buy another high price item from Best Buy again as long as I live.

I replaced it with a Maytag front loader, a middle of the road one, no bells and whistles for full price about $800 from  a Mom and Pop store who service what they sell. It works fine and no moving around the floor. Keeping my fingers crossed because it is only about three months old.

Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover

Another Lie.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kivah wrote:

@MorningLover

Another Lie.

@kivah

Yes ! This is the site where I found the Info...

May 16, 2012

https://www.energy.gov/articles/new-energy-efficiency-standards-residential-clothes-washers-and-dish...