Respected Contributor

It has reached 101 today in south Georgia with a heat index of 111.  This is just mid June and really hot.  I'm staying inside as much as possible.  How are you beating the heat?

Honored Contributor

also staying in the house with c/a on

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Valued Contributor

It's not that hot where we live, as we're in the mountains in PA, but the humidity has worked overtime the past few days. Bottled water and fans all over the house have hleped, but maybe the rain we had this afternoon will clear it out. We rarely have it here for more than a day or so at a time. It gets warm, but usually not sticky like this. Can't take sweating... never could. I may be turning into a winter lover if this persists. pinky

Honored Contributor

Re: Well, Holy Hot Hades

[ Edited ]

tigriss wrote:

It has reached 101 today in south Georgia with a heat index of 111.  This is just mid June and really hot.  I'm staying inside as much as possible.  How are you beating the heat?

Something like this ('cept I have 'power' fans everywhere, & have the A/C's on when it really counts) :

sagan_hot1.jpg (600×448)

And drinking lots of cold or icy water:

10437497_10152971889148696_8496300235954224837_n.jpg (426×238)

I also keep my hair back or up, dress as lightly as possible, not exert myself too much, and try to not eat hot or warm foods.

I even keep a sprtiz bottle of cold water nearby, so I can mist myself whenever needed.

Honey, I feel sooo bad for you, especially with GA's high humidty levels! 

My body can't tolerate humidty above 39% and temps above 75 degrees.  And if the sun is out, forget it, especially if there isn't a good breeze.

Obviously, I leave my home as little as possible, and dream of October and thereafter LOL.

So what  else do YOU do to help keep yourself cool?

Honored Contributor

Not too bad here in SE MO only in the 90's but the humidity is very high too.  We do as much of our yard work in the am and try to be inside most of the afternoon. But, I am not a winter person so I like it better than the frigid temps that come then.  Stay cool, if you can.

Respected Contributor
Our humidity is always high so the heat index reflects our humidity. When you step outside your toes begin to sweat immediately.

I love the pics. That is how I feel, but I have fans and A/C going to keep the air circulating, so the A/C doesn't run so much.
Valued Contributor

It's suppose to be 111 today and at least that high for the rest of the week. Yes, it's a dry heat but so is my oven and I don't want to put my head in it. LOL

We went to a movie but will spend the rest of the day inside.

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Respected Contributor
Yeah it's brutal here too in N FL.
Contributor

We are vacationing in the Allegheny Nat'l forest in North central , Pa. High in the mountains it is pretty cool today and going down to 54 tonight. I just got out a warm wool blanket. We have had a ton of rain and last night there were flash floods.But we are well, did not even lose our electric.

BTW - I am posting on my new trio tablet with 4 G and it is working perfectly.

Respected Contributor
Congrats on the super awesome vacation. We tend to go to the Smokey's and find it wonderfully cool most of the summer. I went to college up there and loved it.

How is the tablet? I've read those reviews and considered it but went with the Samsung because of reliability of the brand, but may pick up a second one for travel/games. Have you had any problems with it?