Esteemed Contributor

This is a no for me.

Honored Contributor

This is not for me...I do love the window but nothing else.

Trusted Contributor

Nothing really appealing to me either. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

NO, and if the owner could ugly up this small space this bad, I wouldn't even want to see the rest of the house.   

Honored Contributor

It’s not really my style, but it looks nice. I like the bench. I don’t like the wallpaper at all. 

Esteemed Contributor

This looks like it could be European or a farmhouse.  I like it to look at, but don't if I could live w/the wallpaper.

Honored Contributor

I like it without the wallpaper!

Esteemed Contributor

The door and window are beautiful.  The wallpaper as well as at least half of the decor items would have to go.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Welcoming Entryway...

[ Edited ]

@BlueFinch wrote:

Oddly, as busy as it is, it made me smile and feel somewhat relaxed, like I could settle down inside with a cup of tea.

Maybe it just took me back to some country homes I used to visit as a child, when things were casual, homey and without pretense. In my mind, someone is in the kitchen making an apple pie.  

@BlueFinch  This was exactly my take on what I find to be this charming entryway. It's always interesting and often surprising to read the different points of view. This entry is, for me, perhaps just a bit busy and yes, it's timeworn, but I see it as comforting. I'd add that most of the elements some have taken issue with only add to its overall cozy and homespun vibe for me. I like it.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...