Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the Manse...

[ Edited ]

@toja wrote:

Beautiful house Smiley Happy

Here is the link to some interior pictures https://styleblueprint.com/everyday/historic-richmond-virginia-home/

No explanation about the different shutters though Smiley Happy

@toja  Good job!!

I'd seen those of the foyer and dining room but not the others. I don't know, I guess given the nature of the house, I was sort of underwhelmed by some of the interiors... I was also shocked that given the apparent size of the original house, they apparently felt compelled to add an addition and that connecting hallway was what they came up with...

The glass ceiling effect blurs the line between outside and in.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Love these views of the outside...

Brick retaining walls add structure to the rambling estate.

Formal gardens offer a verdant place to relax outside.

Esteemed Contributor

Love this home.  I didn't even notice the difference in the shutters until someone pointed it out.  I think maybe they were trying to define the different floors. 

However, if that was the case, that one 2nd floor one should have matched the rest on that floor and the black ones on the first floor should have matched the first floor.

Oh well, maybe that wasn't the reason.......never mind.

Respected Contributor

Love everything about it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love that house but that's a lot of yard work for those grounds.

I'm not fond of brick interior walls either.

I checked out the interior photos.  Really nice, I could live there without changing a thing.

Honored Contributor

I love it...what a neat house!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

I love that house but that's a lot of yard work for those grounds.

I'm not fond of brick interior walls either.

I checked out the interior photos.  Really nice, I could live there without changing a thing.

@Snoopp  I don't usually mind brick interior walls, in moderation anyway, but this just flummoxes me... That brick interior wall is a side of the original exterior of the house. As if it wasn't large enough, I guess they saw fit to add on and this is how they did it... They created a long hallway that joins the new and old sections of the house and just decided to leave what was the brick exterior intact... It's their house but I guess I think it's sort of a shame...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my, what the heck, for those who didn't want to check out the link, nicely provided by @toja... Here are a few of the interior shots, though there are a few more...

The foyer and central stairway...

Jamieson designed the custom Stark rug to mimic the medallion on the 3rd floor ceiling and complement the mural.

Living Room....

The living room ceilings are 10 feet high.

Dining Room...

The designer incorporated red in the dining room and living room, two areas that flank the yellow and cream entry rooms.

Library...

Rich walnut paneling distinguishes the library. Jamieson added Phillip Jeffries wallpaper on the ceiling between the coffers for effect.

The Master...

The master bedroom is a warm and welcoming respite.

Master Bath...

Damask wallpaper by Zoffany adds glamour to the master bath.