Honored Contributor

Re: Wednesday's Two Homes for the Holidays...

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

Yes, to the red one. 

Not sure what's going on with the tall narrow windows on the second that don't look like they belong with the style of this house.  I think it would look much better with uniform windows.  Still, a nice house, though.  

@Foxxee  About those tall windows, I don't think they're that unusual for some houses of a certain age... My grandmother lived in older house, though it was a town house and nothing like this one, but still, all the front facing windows on two floors were very tall and narrow while the windows facing the side of the house were wider, though still quite tall...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I love the look of elegance and formal, the second house fits the bill for me!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Ooooh, the 1st one. I almost moved to Deerfield, MA years ago because I loved some of its Colonial houses. I ended up somewhere else in a 1954 house. Such is life.

Esteemed Contributor

The first photo is so pretty - the red against the white snow, and the simple wreath - I love it. The home in the second photo is beautiful, but the decorations are very understated for such a large home!