Esteemed Contributor

We are ready to sign with a builder

My parents went to my sisters builder today that she works for. We will have the final bid in a couple days. Then we will be signing with them. We have to pick out all our design choices in the next month and a half. Then we go to thd bank. We will be ready to start by May. My mom is so excited to start picking flooring and stuff out. It's all happening now. Yipee. He also said it will be close but we should be in by Thanksgiving.
Respected Contributor

Re: We are ready to sign with a builder

@ccassaday That's exciting...a brand-new house! I remember when we built ours 30+ years ago...we'd been living in a 700 sq. ft. mobile home for 11 years, and it felt like we were moving into a palace (even though the house was not huge, abt. 1600 sq. ft at the time. Then we added on 10 years later.)!

My only advice is keep an eye on things--don't worry about being a pest...the contractor is being paid to build your home...and don't be too surprised if it takes longer than you think.

Esteemed Contributor

My dad is one of those that will be over there everyday. He retires June 30th. The guy today said the contractors will probably put my dad to work. Which he will love. Plus it's free labor and might get done sooner. He told my parents today that they did s excellent job and he doesn't expect them to go over the bid at all. They have gone over everything with a fine tooth comb.
Esteemed Contributor

This is very similar to what our house will look like from the outside. Not sure of color. But this is what we designed our house from.image.jpeg

Frequent Contributor

It's an exciting time for you and your family.  Moving into a new home is the best feeling in the world.  All the best to you and your family!

Esteemed Contributor

@patnap wrote:

It's an exciting time for you and your family.  Moving into a new home is the best feeling in the world.  All the best to you and your family!

I know. I can't believe it is finally happening. It's been a long process since we bought our land 1.5 years ago.  My mom couldn't contain her excitement today. She may be making her design choices on a few weeks. And I am having surgery April 19th so have so much to look forward to instead of worrying about jaw surgery,

Esteemed Contributor

Plus once I know the bathroom cabinet and vanity color I can shop for my bathroom stuff when I see a good deal.