Honored Contributor

I found 2 nice cabinets and a media cabinet.  They say "assembly" required -- looked at the directions definitely not for me..I'm not good at that!

I see Wayfair offers for $99 assembly.

I have never shopped either site -- is everything furniture unassembled??

Thank you🙂

Honored Contributor

That's what these stores and many others specialize in, KD (knock down) furniture.  Easy to ship. Many larger towns have businesses that will do assembly.  Call an independent hardware store and see if they know of anyone.  I've assembled some pretty complex pieces.  It's not difficult.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

At those etailers and b & m stores like Ikea, yep. Assembly required. 

I've done it in the past but don't be surprised when hardware or fasteners are missing and holes don't align and you need to redrill. 

The new thing I'm aware of is the fastener kit that secures your piece to a wall using anchors. It keeps the piece stable from  tipping over when a drawer or door is opened. 

I'll save up my pennies for a quality piece from my local Amish guy. 

Valued Contributor

DH ordered 2 chairs from there a few years ago (in spite of me saying "noooooooo").  I knew he wouldn't like the chairs, so after he assembled one, he decided he didn't like it. Shocking, ha ha. It wasn't difficult to assemble. The pain was packing it back up to return. That was putting 5 lbs in a 3 lb bag! 

Honored Contributor

"Assembly Required" is a huge NO for me.   I tried it a couple times when I was younger, but even then, the parts were too awkward and heavy for me to handle.   (I'm 4'10"....and don't have a long reach or much leverage).

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

In the past year I've ordered 4 things from Wayfair, the largest being an eleven piece set of T-Fal.  I didn't send any of them back but I'm now convinced they deal in "seconds" or "irregulars" or whatever you want to call things that have imperfections of one kind or another. Not bad enought in my case to want to bother packing up and returning or exchanging and all items are in use.........nevertheless, there always seems to be "something" that a nit pickier person than myself would probably be quite bothered.

Honored Contributor

I just bought a gas grill that was "assembly required."  I saw all the pieces in a picture and knew I'd never get it put together.  They offered the service to assemble and deliver so I did that.  It was pricy (IMO) but well worth not having to haul it home myself and losing my cool trying to put it together.  

Respected Contributor

I ordered a end table and a desk from Wayfair.

Both items consisted of only four pieces, so assembly was easy.

This was about four years ago. I don't know if their quality has changed since then.  

Honored Contributor

I ordered a set of 14 inch X 14 inch shelves for the laundry room.  It looks like a stack of cubes.  We had to assemble that and put the feet on.

Super Contributor

Re: Wayfair & Overstock ?

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 

If you don't want to do any assembly, when you are on the Wayfair site looking at a category (like bedroom dressers for example) go to where it shows "Sort & Filter" at the top:

W1.jpg

Open that and scroll down and you will find a place to click  that says you only want to see only items that are assembled:

W.jpg

In my example, there are 3955 Double Dressers and Chests listed, but when I added the "Assembled" filter it went down to 1561 results - that's 2394 items you don't need to look through! 

That will help assure you are only looking at the items you want to see, time saver! Woman Wink