Respected Contributor

Re: Way to get your top load washer to give you a full tub of water.

Actually I don't. When I had a he low level Maytag washer it on bulky would fill all The way up . I don't use bulky cycle on this agitator ge washer because it dosnt give a high speed spin. And comforters take long to dry. I usually have to flip comforter a round a few times.

Trusted Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

@walkingal wrote:

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

Glad with mine you can choose the level.  If I want a deeper water level it lets me choose that option.

I miss that option so much on the washing machine I have now.  Before this one, I always had the level option.  I didn't realize how much I would miss it.  I still don't understand how you know how much detergent to add if you don't know the water level!  

You're supposed to use the amount of detergent recommended for the size of the load and soil level. The size of the load doesn't include the water.

And I guess I would find that in the washing machine manual.  I don't remember seeing that, and I've read that manual quite a few times!  Thanks.  I'll check it out.

Super Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

Whew!  I'm so glad that my ancient Kenmore Elite washer has no energy saving features whatsoever.  That baby fills up to the top if I want it to, whenever I want it to.  I plan to spend what ever it takes to keep it running till the day I die.  Then they can bury us together lol. #washerlove

You are so wise!  I always tell people how new appliances are garbage.  Seriously, they are made to last a short time yet are still super expensive.

Our house is 4 years old and we already had to replace our dishwasher last year.

We had a washing machine for 4 years that broke, would have cost $250 to fix it (and I hated that machine as it was a front loader so we got a new one).

My mother in law's dishwasher was 30 years and still going strong when she sold her house.  Her washing machine was 25 years old.  They just don't make them like they used to!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have a speed queen and can choose my water level, even though it does have the automatic water saving feature. it is one of the reasons why i bought it (plus the 7 year warranty.) i dont have issues with not having enough water in the tub.

This is why I bought my Speed Queen as well. 

I choose the water level, and the full fill, is truly to the tip top full. And there is an option to let the machine choose it based on weight. It's so smart, that even if I choose a small load, and the machine feels enough drag or weight, it will add more water once they wash cycle has begun, to ensure there will be enough water. 

I was lucky to buy mine in late 2019 (could have been 2018, time gets away from me!!) I think it was. They were running a special promotion. I got their highest end machine for the cost of the lower one, and a 10 year warranty promotion they were running for a few months. 

I won't go to a full he washer. Speed Queen figured a way to get around the 'rules' and give us full fill with an agitator. 

Honored Contributor

Isn't it sad that we have to lie to our appliances.  I have to do it all the time with my washer even though I can pick the level I want.  Now I just keep it set on the highest level and very rarely do I change it.

Respected Contributor

I know. Right.

Honored Contributor

I love the idea of "fooling my laundry" in these new machines.  Thanks for mentioning it!