Respected Contributor

Way to get your top load washer to give you a full tub of water.

• This can Be used with he low level washers or regular top load washers. Once washer is loaded .add a couple gallons of water over you dry load of laundry. Then turn washer on. Or load washer and turn on and let it start wetting the load .then press cancel botton and select drain and spin cycle and let water  drain out but don't let washer spin. Push cancel again and Choose your cycle and start washer. Now you will get a full tub or water. I saw this on u tube and I tried it and it works. My ge washer has 4 water levels to pick from.but even on highest water level. washer will not fill all the way up because load isn't heavy. I noticed this washing a comforter. I got A half full tub of water to washer a big comforter. So this was the way to trick washer to give you a full tub of water. It can't be used on a front load washer. I hope this helps out the people that want alot of water to wash your Landry.
Respected Contributor

Re: Way to get your top load washer to give you a full tub of water.

Glad with mine you can choose the level.  If I want a deeper water level it lets me choose that option.

Respected Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

Glad with mine you can choose the level.  If I want a deeper water level it lets me choose that option.

I don't think you understand what @Pooky1  is saying.  He has that choice also but because of the dry clothes soaking up the water, the washer doesn't fill up correctly.

Honored Contributor

i have a speed queen and can choose my water level, even though it does have the automatic water saving feature. it is one of the reasons why i bought it (plus the 7 year warranty.) i dont have issues with not having enough water in the tub.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My washers have a *deep fill* selection (or something to that effect).  You have to select it every load, but I'm used to it.  I don't do huge loads, but I still want plenty of water for washing a rinsing.  

I'm afraid I'll mess up the *message board* inside my washer's brain if I change my selections mid cycle.

Super Contributor

My top loading washer does fill all the way when I want it too - except when I'm washing down comforters and coats. Then - sometimes - it doesn't fill all the way because the down soaks up all the water.

So - I just run those things through the rinse cycle first - and then I put in the soap and run the washer as usual. That seems to solve the problem.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

Additionally, my HE washer won't allow you to change settings during a wash and if you try to add water before or after the cycle starts, it automatically drains immediately.

I do use the 'bulky' setting to get more water, but sometimes it doesn't spin out enough and I have to use an additional spin cycle, so I'm using more electricity while trying to save water.

Mine is a Whirlpool Cabrio, I hate it and can't wait for it to die, DH says to just replace it now, but I can't justify that if this one still works, albeit half-******ed.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@SchippyLuv wrote:

My top loading washer does fill all the way when I want it too - except when I'm washing down comforters and coats. Then - sometimes - it doesn't fill all the way because the down soaks up all the water.

So - I just run those things through the rinse cycle first - and then I put in the soap and run the washer as usual. That seems to solve the problem.

@SchippyLuv 

Now, that's one I haven't tried, but I sure will, thanks for this tip!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@SchippyLuv   I have a newer (3 yrs old) GE washer with a big tub.  Everything works fine EXCEPT when I put my deep pile bath mat in for a wash.  I wash it separately with a "low" water level.  I've done it twice and each time it gets SOAKED with water and doesn't complete the rinse and drain cycle.  Then I'm stuck with lifting what seems to be a 25 lb rug out of the washer soaking wet!!  I wouldn't dare put it in the dryer as I'm afraid it would burn out the motor so I barely manage to lift it out and put it on a towel on back of a dining room chair and wait DAYS for it to dry out.  

Any ideas how to do better washing my bath mat???

Honored Contributor

That takes more effort than I want to give in order to get the wash tub full. I'm glad my older Whirlpool lets me open the lid to check if there is enough water once it starts agitating.