Trusted Contributor

Re: Way to get your top load washer to give you a full tub of water.

I do that also, i am lucky to have a sink next to my washer..and i can see through my lid. I have mine set on deep water wash and i only get 4 inches. My repair man says to only load new washers "half Full" because you only get 4 inches. I sure wish they made washers like they used to .....full of water. I now only wash a few items at a time or add buckets of water to my sheets and quilts.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes pdlinda  I. Do. My mil has a big bathroom rug that she has the same problem wIth it. And we have the he washer that's noTt old. So its probably the same washer. So when she wants her rug washed I.will put my 2 smaller rugs in for balance. When its going to spin stay a  around .it still goes off balance so I pause it a fix rugs so there even then I restart washer and that usually works. I may have to do it a couple times but then it spins them out so there not heavy.these new washers sometimes they need to be manipulated to get them to do what you want them to do.      And for you guys that have speed queen washers .your lucky because they do what there sup

Esteemed Contributor

Whew!  I'm so glad that my ancient Kenmore Elite washer has no energy saving features whatsoever.  That baby fills up to the top if I want it to, whenever I want it to.  I plan to spend what ever it takes to keep it running till the day I die.  Then they can bury us together lol. #washerlove

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

@Pooky1   OK.   That's a great idea!  I'll try it!  Thanks so much!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Lucky Charm 

Additionally, my HE washer won't allow you to change settings during a wash and if you try to add water before or after the cycle starts, it automatically drains immediately.

I do use the 'bulky' setting to get more water, but sometimes it doesn't spin out enough and I have to use an additional spin cycle, so I'm using more electricity while trying to save water.

Mine is a Whirlpool Cabrio, I hate it and can't wait for it to die, DH says to just replace it now, but I can't justify that if this one still works, albeit half-******ed.

@KingstonsMom 

I feel the same way about my machine. I was disappointed the first time I used it.I should have had my old Sears washing machine repaired instead of purchasing this one. If only I had known.

Trusted Contributor

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

Glad with mine you can choose the level.  If I want a deeper water level it lets me choose that option.

I miss that option so much on the washing machine I have now.  Before this one, I always had the level option.  I didn't realize how much I would miss it.  I still don't understand how you know how much detergent to add if you don't know the water level!  

Trusted Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@Roscoe the Rascal wrote:

Glad with mine you can choose the level.  If I want a deeper water level it lets me choose that option.

I miss that option so much on the washing machine I have now.  Before this one, I always had the level option.  I didn't realize how much I would miss it.  I still don't understand how you know how much detergent to add if you don't know the water level!  

You're supposed to use the amount of detergent recommended for the size of the load and soil level. The size of the load doesn't include the water.

Super Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have a speed queen and can choose my water level, even though it does have the automatic water saving feature. it is one of the reasons why i bought it (plus the 7 year warranty.) i dont have issues with not having enough water in the tub.

I have been wanting a top loading Speed Queen for the fact that I can get a full tub of water but was wondering if the newer models would still let you choose.  A few years ago I was looking at the Speed Queen in a store and the salesperson said that the newer model coming out the following year would use less water because of government regulations.  

@sunshine45,  how old is your model?

Honored Contributor

@lavenderfields wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have a speed queen and can choose my water level, even though it does have the automatic water saving feature. it is one of the reasons why i bought it (plus the 7 year warranty.) i dont have issues with not having enough water in the tub.

I have been wanting a top loading Speed Queen for the fact that I can get a full tub of water but was wondering if the newer models would still let you choose.  A few years ago I was looking at the Speed Queen in a store and the salesperson said that the newer model coming out the following year would use less water because of government regulations.  

@sunshine45,  how old is your model?

@lavenderfields 

i purchased it two years ago. they DO use less water if you dont change the water level. that is easy to do when you start the machine. you can easily change from the auto fill feature. check out the TR7.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Pooky1 

Are you using the Bulky Items setting when washing the comforter? It's supposed to add extra water to compensate for the bulk, regardless of the water level chosen.