Esteemed Contributor

It’s a no for me. I don’t even find it appealing.

Honored Contributor

No thanks. Fine in a public venue, not at home.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I have been to Fallingwater. It's absolutely amazing. I love the stories, not only the ones told by the tour guide, but the "other" ones we sometimes hear from others who somehow knew what went on! 

In my case, I wandered around after the official tour. There was an art exhibit in a building next to the entrance. I went in and found myself the only one there. Talking to the artist I found out he had studied under Edgar Kauffman Jr,'s life partner. 

I was fascinated with the family's story and asked questions. He was very kind and answered them, sometimes giving me more information than the usual! 

The Kauffman family was something. There are steps going down in the center of the living room that lead right to the creek below. They entertained a lot, going swimming by means of the steps. Swimsuits weren't necessary! Some of the most famous people of that time were their guests. 

IMG_0059.jpeg

Right off one of the top levels was a pool. Most of the people in our group peeked at it and left. Of course I had to stay a while. How great it would have been to swim and listen to the falling water around you! The pool was not that big and looked like a cement rectangle filled with water. I didn't see any filtration system. 

IMG_0058.jpeg

So I would love to live someplace like this. - part of the year!  Smiley Happy