Honored Contributor

Re: Washing machines without agitators

Different strokes for different folks- I LOVE my agitator free machine and I don't care if it sings an aria from La Traviata while it does its magic. 

It's a top loader. Can't remember what make but I'll check when I go downstairs.

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

Different strokes for different folks- I LOVE my agitator free machine and I don't care if it sings an aria from La Traviata while it does its magic. 

It's a top loader. Can't remember what make but I'll check when I go downstairs.

You made me laugh!  Mine cleans great but makes odd clicking sounds, so I shut the door to the laundry room!!

Respected Contributor

I've come to the conclusion that major appliances are only made to last about 2 years.  That has been my experience. 

This needs to change as they are expensive.  I certainly haven't had much luck.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Find a used appliance store and buy an older model versus these new ones that don't last.  I've had mine since college, so 15 years now.  No problems and is and old Armana and the dry is too!

I meant to say that I will look for Speed Queen when mine die, but being in super rural Georgia, I will probably go the way of Sears or Lowe's or a local electric shop that sells them.  We don't have many vendors, but knowing they are on Amazon will make a difference.

Respected Contributor

I love my Maytag that I've had since 2002 because I love how it cleans my delicates.   That being said, my whites have never been as clean when I had a regular agitator and also the old machine used more water and the Clorox had a chance to really bleach the whites. 

Respected Contributor

We recently bought a Whirlpool and I love it.   It spins a lot of water out of the clothes, drying time is cut considerably.

Our last one was one that didn't agitate back and forth, but  went in one direction and pulled the clothes down the center.  It put more wear and tear on our clothes.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

We recently bought a Whirlpool and I love it.   It spins a lot of water out of the clothes, drying time is cut considerably.

Our last one was one that didn't agitate back and forth, but  went in one direction and pulled the clothes down the center.  It put more wear and tear on our clothes.

I have a Whirlpool Cabrio and love the way it spins...it cuts my drying time considerably and save on my electric bill.

I use the spin only cycle after hand washing cashmere sweaters and other hand wash items. It cuts down on the drying time...a LOT!