Honored Contributor

Re: Washer/Dryer preferences?

I just did this 3 weeks ago.

I researched and looked and looked and looked. I even called a repair person who works on washer/dryers.

He said the best washers now a days are Maytags, (which are now made by Whirlpool) and LG's. he told me to stay away from all GE's.

Front Loaders he said LG's and Kenmore (which are made by LG).

He also said to get a DEEP FILL washer . He told me they give more water when you need it for a load.

the new washers are so different than the old washers of long ago. WATER IS NOT used much in any of them.

I purchased an LG front loader with pedestal washer, so I can was 2 loads at once if I want. the pedastal washer is small, only 4 pounds mainly for small clothes or gentle action. 

the wash load is 57 minutes normal cycle.  My washer was delivered today. So am getting use to the new product. so different than my old top loaders.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a GE Profile Dryer - and a Whirlpool Washer - top loading. Very happy with both. Bought at Lowes. You could check out Lowes' website and read reviews!!!! Opinions on each brand change regularly.

Respected Contributor

🙂 thanks for the input ladies 

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

I have a washer and dryer set made by Speed Queen.  They are the same company that supplies washer and dryers for laundromats.  They don't have frills but I couldn't believe how much cleaner everything was the first couple weeks I had them.  This set still has metal parts like they did 40 years ago.  And they came with a 20 year warranty.   

Respected Contributor

Well I got Ge HE top load, yes when all this HE came out no aggiator new ones now have it love it can control water use an features, I think we need the aggiatior or the clothes don't get clean without it just check out the reviews. Sometimes need extra water with a full load or bedspread you can pause it too. most people complain with mildew I live in az. so dry heat no problem for me. some like front load .get a good size washer to handle bedspreads and new HE has it. My friend got a samsung and hates it. I had samsung fridge too hated it they should just stick to TV's love samsung tv Just research and do what you feel is right for you.