Honored Contributor

Re: Warming Up White With Wood And Bright

I love this space.

White kitchens are classic.  They are quite trendy of late, but they will always be classic.  So for the people who want them to go away; you have a long wait because they're not going anywhere.  You will be happy to know however, that stained and painted (non white) cabinets are beginning to trend right now.

Respected Contributor

I love this room!
Trusted Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Warm Color Schemes-Living Room-01-1 Kindesign

Love ❤️ it, My only change would've been real hardwood. Do not like faux wood floors.

Thx for posting its a fantastic space. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

I like it.  The wood warms up the kitchen.  Would never have SS appliances, tho.  Having owned a restaurant for many years, had enough of SS.  Too industrial for me.

Honored Contributor

I like the colors, furnishings, & general design of the space. 

My changes:

Not a fan of the red printed chair. I would prefer a solid dark red.

I would switch out the yellow & red harlequin pillows with a different print. 

I would want stools with chair backs. 

Esteemed Contributor

Beautiful!  When can I move in?  My only change is the light colored couch, I don't want to spend so much time cleaning it!  Not sure what I would get instead.  I've been eyeing some leather couches for my own place, but looking at this room, not sure how colors i like would work with the wood floors.  Now I am thinking same issue in my place.  mmm...

So maybe I would paint the cabinets behind the couch a different color, which is a color close to what I might use in my couch...

Honored Contributor

Looks very nice ... but there is so much "wrong" with it from my point of view and my life style.

I really, really, really dislike the "open concept" living.   My kitchen has to be a separate room.  When I do any kitchen stuff like cooking - I make a really awful mess that no one should ever see.

And, I'd prefer dark colored cabinets and appliances.

Re the decor ....

Furniture is okay - except that little table at the end of the couch.  It's a bit to fragile looking to be in that spot. 

LOVE the dark wood floors - but I'd break my neck tripping over the end of the area rug.  Looks nice - but it's a real hazard.  (Ask me how I know!  I've had to tape down all the edges of my area rugs.)

Honored Contributor

Very pretty and cheerful but I just don't like white walls.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the color scheme in the kitchen, so I would have brought that wood ceiling into the living room.  I would have done the couch in the same grey as that divider. If this were my house, there would be no white furniture, too afraid of spills.  

Honored Contributor

I am not a fan of the open space concept and prefer something more separating the kitchen from the living room.  I also would change the couches and put something more my taste in their place.  I do not dislike the area but would have changes made.