Honored Contributor

Re: Warming Up White With Wood And Bright

I love everything about this except for the red, yellow and white pillows on the couch.  The red stands out too much for me in those pillows.  I love the gateleg drop leaf end table.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@jubilant 

Thank you for sharing this.  I could move in simply by recovering the red print chair.  Red is my go-to POP!

I don’t like barstools in my kitchen, so that’s Ok.  Would rather have real hardwood, but I can deal with it.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@jubilant 

Thank you for sharing this.  I could move in simply by recovering the red print chair.  Red is my go-to POP!

I don’t like barstools in my kitchen, so that’s Ok.  Would rather have real hardwood, but I can deal with it.

@Drythe   You're the second person who has mentioned that the floors aren't real hardwood.  What are they?  They look like real hardwood to me.  I can't imagine a home as nice as this having something other than real hardwood floors.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

It is a pretty room but to me the ceiling looks low and it seems crowded in the kitchen. 

Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Absolutely agree with you about those pillows, Out They Go.

You are correct, the floors do not appear to me to be real hardwood, however my comment is based only my vision, which may very well be wrong!

How did the bedroom makeover turn out?  Are you pleased with it?  Best to Henry and Ava.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I love everything except the floors.  Those laminates or composite floors really stand out to me, against everything else that was done so beautifully.  I mean, I really dislike the floors.

Since I'm dreaming -- how about 6"-wide hardwood, lightly wire-brushed, with micro-beveled edges for a start.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack 

Absolutely agree with you about those pillows, Out They Go.

You are correct, the floors do not appear to me to be real hardwood, however my comment is based only my vision, which may very well be wrong!

How did the bedroom makeover turn out?  Are you pleased with it?  Best to Henry and Ava.

@Drythe   I'm very happy with the new vanity.  I love the quartz countertop.  I had very professional installers/handymen do the work.  They've done many jobs for me in the past.  They were here for ten hours.

The last thing they did was hang the mirror and put the lights over the mirror.  He did the lights before the mirror and measured wrong, so the globes/shades hang down over the mirror.  He apologized profusely, and will come back on Wednesday to redo it at no charge to me of course.  That was very disappointing because I wanted everything perfect.

They worked so hard that I can understand being so tired at the end and measuring incorrectly.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@jubilant   Honey, I am home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

Honored Contributor

Pretty!

Honored Contributor

I'm not into the red in this one, but I love the white and wood. I love white for light and clean look. The wood definitely warms it, without making the rooms dark or small looking.