Honored Contributor

20 Fabulous Kitchen Design Ideas

---ADVERTISEMENT---

---ADVERTISEMENT---

In many ways, the kitchen is the most important room in the home because it is in the kitchen where the soul of the house resides. This is the place where meals are shared, and that makes it a place that should always feel inviting, welcoming, and a showcase place.

There are many different design elements to consider in your kitchen. Most notable is the appliances – some kitchens are great for stainless steel while others look better with white appliances. Also important to consider is how much cooking you intend to do so you can find the right stove and accessories.

The 20 photos below show you different ways to create the kitchen of your dreams using some classical design ideas that never go out of style.

1. See Those Ceilings 

A variety of ceiling types lend visual interest and open up the room for a light, airy feel.

---ADVERTISEMENT---

2. Nice and Warm

Nothing says home like comfort and warmth.  Bring that into the kitchen with brightly-hued rugs and a shiny copper stove hood paired with warm wooden accents.

20 Fabulous Kitchen Design Ideas

---ADVERTISEMENT---

---ADVERTISEMENT---

In many ways, the kitchen is the most important room in the home because it is in the kitchen where the soul of the house resides. This is the place where meals are shared, and that makes it a place that should always feel inviting, welcoming, and a showcase place.

There are many different design elements to consider in your kitchen. Most notable is the appliances – some kitchens are great for stainless steel while others look better with white appliances. Also important to consider is how much cooking you intend to do so you can find the right stove and accessories.

The 20 photos below show you different ways to create the kitchen of your dreams using some classical design ideas that never go out of style.

1. See Those Ceilings 

A variety of ceiling types lend visual interest and open up the room for a light, airy feel.

---ADVERTISEMENT---

2. Nice and Warm

Nothing says home like comfort and warmth.  Bring that into the kitchen with brightly-hued rugs and a shiny copper stove hood paired with warm wooden accents.

Honored Contributor

I personally can't wrap my head around the turquoise appliances and busy backsplash of the first one.

The other two are really nice though.  A few modifications to make them more personal would help.

Respected Contributor

I don't like the first one because of the turquoise appliances.

I like the second one - especially the floor and the color of the island.  I'm tired of seeing that subway tile with the dark grout.  

Honored Contributor

Turquoise goes back to the 50s but I do love the white. As a matter of fact I just had my cabinets painted white and the walls painted pebble gray. Refreshing from the early American paneling and trim.

Honored Contributor

I prefer wood cabinets because they make a kitchen warm & inviting. To my eye these pictured kitchens are too white and sterile looking.

Honored Contributor

I have to have some red in my kitchen, it just makes me happy. I don't want any shade of blue there.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm just not crazy about those high, busy ceilings.

I like the floor in the kitchen with the turquoise appliances.

I also like white cabinets, or very high end natural wood-- the kind that looks like furniture.  I love the blue island but not that "mission" style of legs & doors.

Not feeling any of the backsplashes--- never been a fan of the subway tile and the other is too busy, I'd get tired of that easy.

These are fun to look at.

@CANDLEQUEEN

Honored Contributor

Re: Warm Cozy Kitchen!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

@Bri36 wrote:

I don't like the first one because of the turquoise appliances.

I like the second one - especially the floor and the color of the island.  I'm tired of seeing that subway tile with the dark grout.  

@Bri36 I'm the same.  No to the turquoise.  Yes to #2 - love the large blue island, love the seating, the flooring and the countertops. Love the tiling up to the ceiling. I am over subway tile w/dark grout. (thank you Fixer Upper).  I do still like Subway tile w/white grout.

Respected Contributor

@Mj12- LOL  I'm positive I will never use subway tile in any home I ever live in because of Fixer Upper. 

I love the size of the island.  The countertop is huge.  There is one thing that's bugging me - the outlet cover should match the color of the island.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

@Mj12- LOL  I'm positive I will never use subway tile in any home I ever live in because of Fixer Upper. 

I love the size of the island.  The countertop is huge.  There is one thing that's bugging me - the outlet cover should match the color of the island.  LOL

@Bri36 yes!!  To do all that work and leave that white.  It would bother me every time I walked in there lol.