Honored Contributor

Re: Wallpaper + Mantel Surround

For me, wallpaper never works. I’m just not a fan. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I detest wallpaper and this is no exception.  Even if I liked it, this pattern totally overwhelms the room.

@shoptilyadropagain   How can you detest all wallpaper?  Some of it is fabulous and there are thousands of patterns, and I'd be surprised if there isn't something agreeable to all tastes.

To me, it is the best way to have something unique that makes a house reflect yourself in some way.  I love it in a bathroom or an accent piece or especially in an entry way.

Also, now days they make papers that can actually be removed!  LOL!!!  Unless someone just stuck it on unprepped wallboard (and I AM familiar with that issue! )!

@Sooner ...I just don't care for the look of any pattern covering an entire wall or an entire room.  I hated it back in the 80's when it was REALLY popular and still don't care for it.  Besides, I've seen a lot of it incorrectly installed where the patterns don't quite line up and/or the seams start peeling back.  We all don't have to like the same things.  I can find other ways to individualize a room without using wallpaper.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Love the sofa, hate that wallpaper and the way it jumps out and overwhelms the fireplace. Why no window treatment; why that odd pillow? 

Trusted Contributor

NOPE

.. I like the wall color though.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @Lucky Charm 

Woman LOL

Gotta appreciate all the pics that @lolakimono  & @stevieb post.

Respected Contributor

Like the couch. really don't like the wall paper its too much and gaudy.

Light fixture dosen't work with the rest of the room, but I think many things in this work don't work well.

Honored Contributor

I actually like that, the whole space if funky chic, it would be perfect for a single lady.

Honored Contributor

Heavens NO to this mess!

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

A big no to the wallpaper. I dislike the furniture & wall color.  The mantel & crown molding are beautiful. There is a grey chest of drawers in the background that is ok. 

Esteemed Contributor

Wow over the top with the wallpaper and that light fixture. Love the couch.