Honored Contributor

Re: Wall recess at front door

@lolakimono Wow those ideas are really nice.I wish I had room for a chest but it is right by the front door so couldn't put anything in front.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

Decorating in a niche can be a difficult task. Try not to make it too hard, and think simple.:

This is most like what I have but mine is curved inside

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@dex

How wide is it?

It is two feet wide

Honored Contributor

I love the wall messages...do you think it could work in a semi curved shape.I don't know how to post pics sorry.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

I love the wall messages...do you think it could work in a semi curved shape.I don't know how to post pics sorry.

Yes, as long as the surface is flat, it will work.  They're very easy and good quality 

Honored Contributor

Its called a niche, and they're very popular in Southwest architecture.  Usually put a piece of SW sculpture or pottery in them.  I never saw one 6ft tall.  I'd probably put some glass shelves it it rather than try to fill it with on tall thing. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If there isn't already multiple shelves in it, I wouldn't put any, as that would lead to filling it with small things, which would simply clutter your front entrance.

I like the words idea.

Respected Contributor

I would put a silk floral arramgement in a tall container.  My friend has such a recess in her foyer  entrance and has a floral arrangement appropriate to the size of the recess and it is very striking.

Honored Contributor

@dex I think doing a stenciled message/quotes on the wall would be perfect.  Then put a vase with tall seasonal arrangements in the middle....maybe some picture frames flanking the vase......

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor